Sales People Creating Rumors Or Is This True?

Hi all,

I have been looking at a Sundance Majesta and like it a lot (want the Optima but it doesn't fit in the space). Went over to the HotSpring dealer to compare products and was told that Sundance is going bankrupt and that it likely will be hard to find replacement parts. Was also told that running a Sundance costs a lot more per month than the HotSpring.

Just doing some digging because I may well be getting the salesman's song and dance, but figure you all would have some ideas as well. I like the Sundance line a lot better so far but can be swayed with good rationale.

Please shed light on the situation if you know anything.

Thanks!

When we were looking for a spa a Hotspring dealer told us that La Spas UK went bankrupt, Some months later I found a post on this forum that another Hotspring dealer had told a potential customer that Dimension one were going bankrupt. Both of these stories were lies.

This seems to be a very poor sales tactic by Hotspring. I visited a lot of different dealers and I felt that Hotspring were the ones that applied the most pressure. All the other dealers were friendly, very helpful and only talked about the spas they were selling.

Tell the Hotspring dealer that a more powerful spa will cost more to run than a spa with less power.

If you are happy with the Sundance and the dealer then go with that.

Any comments positive or negative of either Sundance or HotSprings? I like the look of the Sundance 880 line better than anything I saw at HotSprings, but that is looks. I have wet tested the Sundance but not yet the HotSprings. I was rather turned off by the dealer because of these comments but perhaps there is merit to them and I need to wet test and research HotSprings more. Some of the issues this sales person brought up was the filtration system on the Sundance not being as good as the HotSprings and that the Sundance costs more to run.

Sorry for all the questions, but I am new and am not finding some of these answers on the forum.

Thanks!

We purchased a Sundance Optima about 1 1/2 years ago...we fell in love with the jets in the foot dome. I have no regrets...it has given us absolutely no trouble.

We wet tested HotSprings about an hour before we wet tested Sundance. Within minutes of being in the Sundance we both said this is the one. Prior to wet testing, I was leaning toward the HotSprings Envoy...after wet testing, I was sold on the Sundance Optima. There was nothing wrong with the HotSprings...I couldn't tell you exactly what it was, but there was something about the Sundance that just suited us better.

You should certainly wet test the HotSprings. There really is no other way to know for sure which is better for you. If you find the HotSprings more to your liking, but do not like the dealer, find another dealer.

As others have posted many times...Wet Test, Wet Test, Wet Test. Then base your decision on that wet test AND the dependability of the dealer.

As for the comparison with filtration and cost to operate as well as the financial future of Sundance...I don't know enough about either to comment. But, there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum that may chime in. Be patient, and while you are waiting for those to add their comments, wet test the HotSprings.

Fdegree's advice about wet testing is spot on. The more you try out the better, some spas will not be for you, then you will test one and you will know that is the one for you.

One other thing I would add if, after wet testing, you narrow your choice down to a few spas, go back and go in them again on the same day if possible.

I would suggest viewing the dealers comments as a rating of the dealer themselves. This is just my opinion of course but a good dealer should not be telling me what is wrong with the competitors products they should be selling me on why their product is the best. When I was searching around one of the things that bothered me the most was when a dealer talked bad about another brand. Also keep in mind that dealers and brands are separate things. You will find good dealers from each brand and bad dealers from all those same brands. Base your decision on your dealer not on someone else dealer with the same brand.

I would suggest viewing the dealers comments as a rating of the dealer themselves. This is just my opinion of course but a good dealer should not be telling me what is wrong with the competitors products they should be selling me on why their product is the best. When I was searching around one of the things that bothered me the most was when a dealer talked bad about another brand. Also keep in mind that dealers and brands are separate things. You will find good dealers from each brand and bad dealers from all those same brands. Base your decision on your dealer not on someone else dealer with the same brand.

What he said! ;)

Wise advise, I couldn't agree more!

When we were looking for our spa Hot Springs was one of the ones we went in to look at after doing research on the web. We came out of the store feeling very slimy. The sales person basically followed us out to our car while we kept trying to tell him NO. If it had not been for the sales person's tactics we may have purchased a Hot Springs spa. As it was we went with an Arctic because the sales people there made us feel comfortable and non-pressured to buy today because the sale ends tommorow.

Greg

When we were looking for our spa Hot Springs was one of the ones we went in to look at after doing research on the web. We came out of the store feeling very slimy. The sales person basically followed us out to our car while we kept trying to tell him NO. If it had not been for the sales person's tactics we may have purchased a Hot Springs spa. As it was we went with an Arctic because the sales people there made us feel comfortable and non-pressured to buy today because the sale ends tommorow.

Greg

I ended up purchasing the Majesta (Sundance). Just put down my $$$ and look forward to it arriving in 3 weeks or so. The sales rep at Hot Springs did his employer a disfavor. Never a good idea to diss a competitor. Probably similar tubs, but in the end I want to enjoy working with the dealer, who is also going to service my tub. I talked with enough customers of the Sundance dealer to be comfortable that they are the dealer for me.

I'm sure the Hot Springs employer would greatly appreciate a nice letter stating why his employee turned you away from the sale. I'm sure (or I would hope) he wasn't behaving so poorly right in front of his boss. Myself, I found my Hot Springs dealer to be wonderful. He never spoke a bad word about any other company I said I was looking at/considering. He also answered every question I had, and when I asked about other companies, he would acknowledge the areas they excelled in or simply explain the differences and let me decide which was better. He was a class act!

A Vita dealer I went to had nothing good to say about other companies though. It really turned me off of their spas (that and the wet test, but by the time of the wet test, I was actually hoping NOT to like the spa).