Need Help From The Pro's....hotsprings Vanguard

Jack L

My tub started leaking so I pulled off the front cover to see if I could find the source and found a hose hanging loose. I marked the hose in the photo attached and wanted to know if someone here could tell me where the loose end shown on the right is suppose to attach? The spa is a 2006 HS Vanguard purchased 2.5 yrs ago. When I shut off power, water started pouring out of this hose until all the water was out of the tub...

thanks,

vanguard.jpg

My tub started leaking so I pulled off the front cover to see if I could find the source and found a hose hanging loose. I marked the hose in the photo attached and wanted to know if someone here could tell me where the loose end shown on the right is suppose to attach? The spa is a 2006 HS Vanguard purchased 2.5 yrs ago. When I shut off power, water started pouring out of this hose until all the water was out of the tub...

thanks,

vanguard.jpg

That is the ozone hose, it won't leak if the power is on because it sucks air when the circulation pump is on. It broke right at the check valve. You need to get a new check valve and reconnect. The other end will be dangling up above somewhere (It loops around up high in the motor compartment).

thanks,

vanguard.jpg

That is the ozone hose, it won't leak if the power is on because it sucks air when the circulation pump is on. It broke right at the check valve. You need to get a new check valve and reconnect. The other end will be dangling up above somewhere (It loops around up high in the motor compartment).

I checked and found there is stiill a hose connected to the ozone. Is there suppose to be 2? I didn't see anywhere on the ozone equipment that suggested another hose connection? I also did not see any dangling hose from the upper area of the motor compartment.... I'm stumped??

thanks,

vanguard.jpg

I checked and found there is stiill a hose connected to the ozone. Is there suppose to be 2? I didn't see anywhere on the ozone equipment that suggested another hose connection? I also did not see any dangling hose from the upper area of the motor compartment.... I'm stumped??

No, that's definitely the ozone line, I can still see the blue broken-off piece of the check valve in the end of the hose.

The 1/8" ozone line starts at the black venturi 'T' which you can see on the left side of the picture. From there it goes up and loops around a hook up in the motor compartment, then it goes to the barb on the bottom of the ozonator. Somewhere in the middle of this line there is a blue check valve coupled-in to prevent water from siphoning back into the ozonator when power is off.

So there are four points at which the ozone hose connects: the venturi valve, top of the check valve, bottom of the check valve, and the ozonator. You need to pull the hose out to find where it has come apart.

thanks,

vanguard.jpg

I'm brand new to this website and very much a rookie. With that in mind, wondering if anybody knows of a decent service person to come out and fix our leaking Hot Springs, Landmark Hot Tub. I'm located in the south suburbs of Chicago. It appears to be leaking from the Wave Master Pump. Getting anybody from American Sales, the supplier, is like playing telephone tag, and on top of that, they want $69 to travel to my house and $100 for the first hour of labor. They know they have the monolopy on service and I guess feel they can rip you off blind. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm brand new to this website and very much a rookie. With that in mind, wondering if anybody knows of a decent service person to come out and fix our leaking Hot Springs, Landmark Hot Tub. I'm located in the south suburbs of Chicago. It appears to be leaking from the Wave Master Pump. Getting anybody from American Sales, the supplier, is like playing telephone tag, and on top of that, they want $69 to travel to my house and $100 for the first hour of labor. They know they have the monolopy on service and I guess feel they can rip you off blind. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

That service charge is a little high but not way out of line. On top of that I personally hate doing seal assemblies on pumps which sounds like it may be your problem.

First, the tech will want it full to see where it is leaking, then they have to drain it. Many times the impellar is broken and difficult or impossible to get off. Then the shaft often needs to be sanded down (while the pump is plugged in) or re-threaded. All of these things are 100 times easier to do in the shop.

I strongly encourage the customer to try to identify exactly where it is leaking from. If it is the seal assembly I also encourage them to bring the pump in. I almost would rather due it for free or at a low cost in the shop v.s. in the field.

Good luck!