Source For Round Popup Replacment Speakers

Are the speaker enclosures in good shape? If they are, you can save money by just replacing the speakers. Get ones with plastic cones for outdoor use. And be sure to match the impedance, it should be marked on the back of the speaker magnet, it will say 4Ω or 8Ω. be sure to make sure that the new speakers are marked the same as the old ones. Most car audio stores will be able to help you.

Dave

It sounds as if you have the ones made by Waterway. Clearwater Spas still uses this speaker in their tubs, so you should be able to find them, even if you have to get some from a spa store, or try calling Waterway to see who sells them retail.

I don't think I would mess with trying to take the housing apart, the chance of getting it to seal back up tightly are not worth the risk of ruining the speakers you just put in IMO.

It sounds as if you have the ones made by Waterway. Clearwater Spas still uses this speaker in their tubs, so you should be able to find them, even if you have to get some from a spa store, or try calling Waterway to see who sells them retail.

I don't think I would mess with trying to take the housing apart, the chance of getting it to seal back up tightly are not worth the risk of ruining the speakers you just put in IMO.

Just checked with my local dealer and was quoted $150 ea. Seems high to me. The orginals are all corroded internally from moisture I presume. The $300 wouldn't stop me but replacing every few years would soon get old. I almost considered putting in some marine "waterproof" speakers in the external shell but would prefer not to start cutting holes in my primary insulation barrier. Spa is a California Cooperage Model 107 from Coleman. MAAX

Anyone have any experience with marine speakers mounted in the side panels?

Just checked with my local dealer and was quoted $150 ea. Seems high to me. The orginals are all corroded internally from moisture I presume. The $300 wouldn't stop me but replacing every few years would soon get old. I almost considered putting in some marine "waterproof" speakers in the external shell but would prefer not to start cutting holes in my primary insulation barrier. Spa is a California Cooperage Model 107 from Coleman. MAAX

That is what our retail is for the Clearwater ones also. I have seen them in the side of the cabinet, not sure how well you can hear without blasting the neighbors.

Dumb question, maybe someone else could help....if you sprayed the speakers with some sort of protectant would it help them from the water chemistry? Just a thought and what would you use....303? Silicone?....

That is what our retail is for the Clearwater ones also. I have seen them in the side of the cabinet, not sure how well you can hear without blasting the neighbors.

Dumb question, maybe someone else could help....if you sprayed the speakers with some sort of protectant would it help them from the water chemistry? Just a thought and what would you use....303? Silicone?....

Yeah, I wondered how they would sound too what with being facing away from you and several feet lower.

I don't think your question is dumb at all. I wonder if some sort of water repellant would help and still not hurt the actual speakers.

Ok, not an expert on outdoor speaker construction. I would not spray anything on them. I do not know if it would react with materials used.. but coating the speaker will increase the weight of the membrain which has to vibrate (move) very quickly making the sound turn to pooo. But this might improve some of the music out there.. so.. well there is my 2 pennys. <_<