Circ. Pump And Heater....need Help Please!

bherbst4114

I inherited a 1997 Bengal-Tiger River Hot Tub. I just put a new silent flow e5 cic. pump in and that works but I still see a flashing red light where the heater light should be solid red. I am running it wouthout the filter so that should not be an issue. Water is not heating! Please help as I am a beginner!!!!!!

Thanks everyone BRIAN

I inherited a 1997 Bengal-Tiger River Hot Tub. I just put a new silent flow e5 cic. pump in and that works but I still see a flashing red light where the heater light should be solid red. I am running it wouthout the filter so that should not be an issue. Water is not heating! Please help as I am a beginner!!!!!!

Thanks everyone BRIAN

Are you sure the pump is pushing water and not air-bound?

If it is working fine then you may need to replace the thermistors that screw into the heater.

What does air bound mean? I can get new thermistors today, and I checked the hoses coming out of the circ. ump and it was pushing water. Is that what you mean as I am just starting to get familiar with it? Also, I took the filter out and can feel water being pushed into the filter area through that little hole. Thanks.

What does air bound mean? I can get new thermistors today, and I checked the hoses coming out of the circ. ump and it was pushing water. Is that what you mean as I am just starting to get familiar with it? Also, I took the filter out and can feel water being pushed into the filter area through that little hole. Thanks.

Sounds like there is sufficient flow then.

I would switch out the thermistors.

I went to the dealer after your advice today Dan and then they stated that I try the test button on the heater and powering off and on a few times to see if it would clear into the heater and both did not work. I whould have known as they want to do a service call since my gasket is leaking on my jet pump (Wavemaster 5000). I know I could probably fix that myself. What do THERMISTORS DO? Can that really make the read light blink? I'm hoping its not the board. Lastly, what wire should ground onto the Silentflo E5 Circ. pump? I see the spot but have no wire.

I went to the dealer after your advice today Dan and then they stated that I try the test button on the heater and powering off and on a few times to see if it would clear into the heater and both did not work. I whould have known as they want to do a service call since my gasket is leaking on my jet pump (Wavemaster 5000). I know I could probably fix that myself. What do THERMISTORS DO? Can that really make the read light blink? I'm hoping its not the board. Lastly, what wire should ground onto the Silentflo E5 Circ. pump? I see the spot but have no wire.

The thermistors act as the thermostat and high limit. The red light flashing usually means that the high limit thermistor is bad. It thinks the water is too hot and it shuts off power to the heater.

Don't worry about the grounging lug on the pump.

Are you sure that there is a gasket leaking on the Wavemaster and not the seal assembly? 95% of the time it is the seal assy.

When I turn the pump on, it has a fast drip coming from the screw areas that attach the black plastic cover to the jet pump. Some of the screws are rusted so the dealer told me that its an easy fix. I will by thermistors tomorrow but the bad part is that I have to drain it yet again. Any other advice?