Filter Problem :(

Firemedic

Hello everyone. I'm hoping someone here will have suggestions for my problem. I have a 13 year old Sunrise spa. This spa has the old "through the skimmer" filters (2 pieces). Problem is... I can't get the bottom one out! It seems it's stuck to the bottom. I can't reach the bottom, (because of the 90 degree turn in the skimmer). Does anyone have ideas how to get this thing out? Is there a tool that might work?

I've been seriously looking at upgrading my tub. If it wasn't in a 3 season sunroom I would have already changed it this fall (I can't get the sunroom company to take my room apart til next spring, they're too busy :angry: Anyway, been looking at the same most often discussed (Jacuzzi, Sundance, Arctic, and others). And I'm seriously considering putting my new one outside instead of in the sunroom. I'm curious to hear if anyone else has done this?

Thanks in advance for your input.

(I can't get the sunroom company to take my room apart til next spring, they're too busy :angry:

If the new one is outside, you might not need the "Sunroom company". Why not take the old tub out in pieces.....? It should not be difficult for some to do that :-)

It's an old tub, that was top of the line at the time. It's in great shape, and would be a very good starter tub for someone. The Jacuzzi dealer offered me $2000 for a trade.

Do you guys think I'd regret putting the tub outside? Right now, it's in a 3 season sunroom (no heat). So in the winter, it's nice having the shelter but it's not the same as being "outdoors".