Warranty Work

Duker

Thinking about getting a brand-new spa, just curious if anyone knows how warranty service gets handled if a dealer goes out of business (and they're the only one within hundreds of miles)?

Also, has anyone had any issues with dealers trying to tack on "fuel surcharges" or other fees for doing warranty work?

Thinking about getting a brand-new spa, just curious if anyone knows how warranty service gets handled if a dealer goes out of business (and they're the only one within hundreds of miles)?

Also, has anyone had any issues with dealers trying to tack on "fuel surcharges" or other fees for doing warranty work?

Most of the name brand spa manufactors have authorized service centers around not just the dealers and in most of the warrantys they state the dealer may charge a trip charge for coming out this is pretty common. The manufactor only pays a little for labor by the time the dealer pays the tech and gas if they dont charge a trip charge the dealer looses money on every warranty call he goes on.

Most of the name brand spa manufactors have authorized service centers around not just the dealers and in most of the warrantys they state the dealer may charge a trip charge for coming out this is pretty common. The manufactor only pays a little for labor by the time the dealer pays the tech and gas if they dont charge a trip charge the dealer looses money on every warranty call he goes on.

Interesting, I believe of all the dealers I've visited, none has bothered to mention this! I ask, "and if it breaks during the warranty period?" A: "then we come out and fix it."

No mention of a trip charge. I only know about this because one of the dealers put me on their email list, and I received an email to all their customers stating that they're going to start charging trip fees. I didn't think it was very cool of a company to try to make such a change after the sale.

I tend to agree with other posts, if the spa breaks because of a manufacturer's defect, then why should the customer be required to subsidize the cost of the repair?

Glad I found this forum so I can be well-informed on these things!

Interesting, I believe of all the dealers I've visited, none has bothered to mention this! I ask, "and if it breaks during the warranty period?" A: "then we come out and fix it."

No mention of a trip charge. I only know about this because one of the dealers put me on their email list, and I received an email to all their customers stating that they're going to start charging trip fees. I didn't think it was very cool of a company to try to make such a change after the sale.

I tend to agree with other posts, if the spa breaks because of a manufacturer's defect, then why should the customer be required to subsidize the cost of the repair?

Glad I found this forum so I can be well-informed on these things!

Buying a hot tub is not like buying a car most of the time if you have a warranty issue on a car you take it to the dealership they dont have the expense of coming to your place with the gas and the techs time and that is the reason why for the trip charge and it also depends on the dealer if I sell a spa and it is in the warranty period I dont normaly charge them for a trip but if they buy the spa from somebody else and want me to warranty it then I charge them a trip fee.

Ask up front if there will be any "trip" charges for warranty work and whatever their answer is, inisist on getting it in writing on the invoice of the spa you purchase.

I don't know of a single dealer that wont happily waive any charges if you bring the spa to them for repoair while under warranty.

Due to increases in gas, insurance, and other factors my store will begin with a trip charge shortly. It also eliminates the 'lazy' customer who refuses to remove their filter or attempt to reset a high limit button on their own because the "tub is under warranty". I'm not saying this about everyone but believe me, it happens a lot. Once they hear that there is a $50, $75 or more service trip fee they are sudddenly motivated to spend 30 seconds to try these things which are generally the cause of their 'no heat' problems to begin with.