Filters - Which Ones And Where To Buy?

Calv1n

Hoping Tom or someone else can help me out as far as telling me which make/model of Filter I have in my Arctic Spa Tundra Legend?

(Sorry I don't have a manual of any kind - wasn't provided with the tub strangely)

I'm also wondering if there is a good place online that anyone knows of to order these filters (bulk?) as they are pretty costly to pick up locally?

Thanks

Calvin

Hoping Tom or someone else can help me out as far as telling me which make/model of Filter I have in my Arctic Spa Tundra Legend?

(Sorry I don't have a manual of any kind - wasn't provided with the tub strangely)

I'm also wondering if there is a good place online that anyone knows of to order these filters (bulk?) as they are pretty costly to pick up locally?

Thanks

Calvin

my arctic dealer said any supplies we need can be shipped to us

Thanks

Calvin

my arctic dealer said any supplies we need can be shipped to us

I have a Caldera Geneva and I'd like to buy a second filter for alternating and have two questions:

My Dealer is not close. I was wondering if folks buy after market replacements from online companies?

Also, are the filter soaking products worth the money or should I just use degreaser?

Thanks

Jack

I started out with the MicroPur MR-170 in my Arctic and after two days I found little white things floating around in my water, (assume it was the filter breaking down) so I switched to the Uncel 4950 pleated filter and water has been crystal clear. I did have to replace the filter with a new one in about 3 weeks and clean the other one with a filter cleaner.

I am still planning on trying the disposable one again. Maybe all the salt that was added contributed to this happening. I want to see how the filter reacts in water that has had a chance for the salt to disolve.

My plan is to use the Unicel pleated filter when I change my water and have to add 10 lbs of salt. Then after about 2-3 weeks when I need to clean the filter, replace it with a micron filter.

There are a few thing I want to see in doing this. They said the micro filter will last 3-4 months. I want to see how clean the water when it gets to the end of this cycle and also if there is any water flow issues caused by leaving the same filter in for that long.

I also want to find out how the Unicel pleated ones are after a bunch of cleaning. So far I have cleaned Filter #1 and it has 3 weeks of "water time" and the one currently in the tub (Filter #2) was brand new and has been in for 1 week. I want to see how they clean and if they have any flow issues after bunch of cleaning. A work in progress.

I have only had my spa for about a month now, so I still have a lot of trial and error stuff going on.

My dealer told me that there is a new micro filter (disposable) one that he has. He said it is much tighter than the MicroPur one. I'm not sure if it is made by the same company or not. My next filter change I will try this new micro filter.

Also, in searching around for filter prices I have found that the cost of the micro filters are about the same online compared to my dealer, but the Unicel pleated filters are much cheaper online. I bought one at my dealer and three online, and the online ones were $20 a piece less because I bought 3 and I also bought some test strips so the shipping was free.

This is the one that was recommended by my dealer. It is more effective than a re-usable filter and no need to wash. You can also buy it online too! This model fits my Arctic spa Tundra LE

http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/product-MF-170.cfm

Awesome thanks Urbane that was just what I was looking for :)

Aargh! Bit of a snag these guys don't take CC online? WTH... I don't use pay pal and wiring money in this day and age doesn't seem like a sensible thing to me considering the safety I get with CC coverage vs nothing using a wire. Anyone know of an online store that sells filters that will take CC's and ship to Canada?

Thanks

Calvin

Not sure what you are talking about but I have used a CC before at poolandspa.com.

I have also used spa-mart.com

I had no problems with either of them.

Wet in ChiTown,

Pool and Spa doesn't take CC's from Canadians I found out when I tried to process my oder. I'll try the spa-mart.com and hopefully that works out for me.

Thanks,

Calvin

Generic reply to everybody.

Canadians can purchase filters and other supplies online from www.hottubstore.ca

US outlets include the following:

arcticspasmilehigh.com/store/

spapartsnet.com

www.spagoods.com

Prices that I have seen online are usually comparable with dealer pricing once you include shipment charges.

PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DEALER.

Hope that's helpful information for you.

PS Calvin, I'll have your manual in the mail as soon as you PM your serial number so I can confirm your address in our records. In the meantime, if you wish, you can download one from our web site.

• 1 year later...
Generic reply to everybody.

Canadians can purchase filters and other supplies online from www.hottubstore.ca

US outlets include the following:

arcticspasmilehigh.com/store/

spapartsnet.com

www.spagoods.com

Prices that I have seen online are usually comparable with dealer pricing once you include shipment charges.

PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DEALER.

Hope that's helpful information for you.

PS Calvin, I'll have your manual in the mail as soon as you PM your serial number so I can confirm your address in our records. In the meantime, if you wish, you can download one from our web site.

One US vendor that I went to emailed me back right away with information on the filters that I wanted to purchase. When I went to buy they wanted to add $12.00 charge to my credit card as I had a Canadian billing address on my credit card.This was eeven though I was having them shipped to a relative in the US. When I sent an email asking then to share their beliefs about this practisse there was not response. So beware Canadians!!!

Thanks

Calvin

I too would like to know which is the most appropriate (read best) filter for my Arctic Summit. I received the spa in October, replaced the filter on January 1st with a different filter that the local Arctic store sold me saying "this is it"...then I read online here that the one's without the casing tend to disintegrate and cause a big mess. So, this water change I got yet another different one from the Arctic store...no wrapper, no brand name listed on it, but it did come with mesh around it. Then when I went to install it, there were no threads on the bottom of it to screw it into place. I'm very confused about the correct disposable filter that I should be using for this Bromine tub. They don't seem to know at the Arctic store either!

• 8 months later...

If your filter screws into the base you need an adapter for the filter that can be reused. Artic now has the Silver Sentinel micron filter which I just put in my tub today. I am hoping I get 3 months use out of it so I do not have to clean my pleated filter in 10 degree weather outside. I was told these Silver Sentinel filters last 4-5 months, but I doubt I will get that much time with the bather loads in my relatively new 1.5 month old tub. It is still so new we have about 20 man hours in it per week. So if i get 3 months out of it (bought 3 for 65.00) then I will be very happy. Too bad they do not make D.E. filters for spas. lol