Problems With Amore Bay

wildtom

Hi,

I purchased a Amore Bay a few months ago. I am quite happy with it but i still have problems with my water quality.

We are using the Spa very often (this means almost daily (me my wife and our 3 kids)). I also use the Vision module (Sanitizer).

The problem is that i have to use the Chlorine almost every day to keep the water clear. If i don´t add Chlorine the water is getting cloudy after about 3 days latest.

When the water is getting cloudy and i am adding chlorine the water is clear again after about 1 day - but after that i always have a grey-yellow plauqe on the border of the spa. I attatched a pic of it.

The plaque is very easy to clean (simple wipe off with a towel). And it only comes when the water is getting cloudy and i am adding chlorine to get the water clear.

Any ideas what this plaque is and where it comes from ?

How ofter is it normal to add chlorine into a D1 Amore Bay with Vision module to keep the water clear ?

Thanks a lot !

Take care

Thomas

amorebay1.jpg

what is your source water? is it from a well? great tub by the way, love that amore seating layout

Yea fabulous tub. I was a bit dissapointed when I saw the title of the thread because it is not a problem with the spa it is a problem with your water. If you use the tub alot adding chlorine everyday is not out of line. How much chlorine are you using?

I've ben looking into this tub a bit, and the dealer in our area told me to do this with the chlorine amount.

If you have 2 people in the tub one day, just after you get out, add 2 capfuls of chlorine. If you have 4 people in your tub one day, add 4 capfuls just after you get out. That's what he told me anyways......maybe that will help out a bit??

I was reading this and thought of the picture above:

Clarifier. Clarifiers coagulate the bacteria, oils, and other organics that sanitizers cannot destroy in the water. In other words, the clarifier turns the liquid bacteria into a solid so that the filter can capture it. However, a problem with clarifiers is that much of the coagulated materials tend to gather on the shell surface, forming an unsightly "scum line" along the water line. This is why we strongly recommend the use of a natural enzyme product over the other types of clarifiers. A natural enzyme product breaks down the organics by converting them into a gas before they can interfere with the sanitizer's performance. Because it dissolves the organics as opposed to coagulating them, it helps to rid the shell of the "scum line". One product in particular called Natural & Clear has become a very popular natural enzyme product that clarifies the water and comes highly recommended.

http://www.spasearch.org/water_maint.php

Could this be your problem?

I was reading this and thought of the picture above:

Clarifier. Clarifiers coagulate the bacteria, oils, and other organics that sanitizers cannot destroy in the water. In other words, the clarifier turns the liquid bacteria into a solid so that the filter can capture it. However, a problem with clarifiers is that much of the coagulated materials tend to gather on the shell surface, forming an unsightly "scum line" along the water line. This is why we strongly recommend the use of a natural enzyme product over the other types of clarifiers. A natural enzyme product breaks down the organics by converting them into a gas before they can interfere with the sanitizer's performance. Because it dissolves the organics as opposed to coagulating them, it helps to rid the shell of the "scum line". One product in particular called Natural & Clear has become a very popular natural enzyme product that clarifies the water and comes highly recommended.

http://www.spasearch.org/water_maint.php

Could this be your problem?

To me it looks like product. i.e. Deoderant, hairspray, lotions etc. Does it bubble alot with the air on?

• 1 month later...

I find that wiht the Vision Cart, and Dicholor I VERY quickly loose Chlorine..

I add about .4oz of dichloro a day.. or the chlorine willl 0 out.

I switched to Lithium based Chlorine.. and it is more $$ but lasts MUCH longer in the tub.. and I no longer get the plaque. Over all its about the same cost.. when you figure your not adding every day.

NOt sure its its the Vision.. or ozone.. or what..

If I get this.. bring your chlorine up to 10ppm.. for 1 dose..and use a deflocking agent for paper filters.

It will clear in a few hours.. mop up the rest.. and away you go (rinse filters after 12hs)

Also when not in use.. I idle the tub at about 85'f.. that helps lots too..

Oh.. lastly check combined chlorine.. and to Burn it out.. raise your free chlorine to 10x that of the combined. (so if 2ppm Combined Chlorine.. you dose just over 20ppm.. wait... till it drops to a reasonable level to swim in.. )

(taylor Test kits will test for Combined Chlorine and free chlorine.)

This will then show the correct reading on the Dip Stick test strips.. and rid you of much of the chlorine smell. You may not have enough Chlorine in the tub.. thats FREE.. and are reading a higher amount due to the level of combined.