Problem With Arctic Spa Headrest Cushions

Urbane Lion

Just received my Arctic Spa Tundra Legend Extreme and although I am extremely pleased with it so far (OK, I just had it for a couple of days....) I am having some problems with maintaining the headrest cushions in place

Has anyone else had any similar problems and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Urbane Lion

[quote name='Urbane Lion' date='Oct 3 2008, 09:29 AM' post='62462 I am having some problems with maintaining the headrest cushions in place

Dear Lion

Thanks for purchasing our product! Sorry to hear you're having a problem with the pillows, but help is available! I'm sending you some information by PM.

Happy soaking

Tom

Just received my Arctic Spa Tundra Legend Extreme and although I am extremely pleased with it so far (OK, I just had it for a couple of days....) I am having some problems with maintaining the headrest cushions in place

Has anyone else had any similar problems and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Urbane Lion

I noticed the same thing while wet testing at Arctic. The sales guy told me that they came with adhesive strips that woud hold the cushions in place, so i dismissed it. Did you get any "stickers" with your tub?

Dear Lion

Thanks for purchasing our product! Sorry to hear you're having a problem with the pillows, but help is available! I'm sending you some information by PM.

Happy soaking

Tom

Tom, could you PM me the same info please? Either that or share it with all. Thanks

I did receive adhesive disks to make the rough surface smooth but just though it weird they did not install them prior to filling the tub. Now I need to partially lower the water level in order to make them stick.

I am very confident it will solve the problem!

Urbane Lion

I did receive adhesive disks to make the rough surface smooth but just though it weird they did not install them prior to filling the tub. Now I need to partially lower the water level in order to make them stick.

Urbane Lion

I hope that does solve the prob as I know Arctic is a good brand. Call me crazy, but isn't that a kind of silly way to attach the headrests? Our spa's headrests are attached by each of the side tabs being tucked under these slots. They are solidly held in place. I guess each brand comes up with their own way of designing things. My spa has some parts of the design I'd rather were different also.

Anne

Urbane Lion

I hope that does solve the prob as I know Arctic is a good brand. Call me crazy, but isn't that a kind of silly way to attach the headrests? Our spa's headrests are attached by each of the side tabs being tucked under these slots. They are solidly held in place. I guess each brand comes up with their own way of designing things. My spa has some parts of the design I'd rather were different also.

Anne

Anne: They do have tabs to slip the cushions in but they don't seem to work very well. The combination of suction cup and slots should do the trick. Will do that today and keep you posted!

Urbane Lion

Anne

Anne: They do have tabs to slip the cushions in but they don't seem to work very well. The combination of suction cup and slots should do the trick. Will do that today and keep you posted!

They work fine. I must've been misunderstood. I'm very happy with the design of the headrests. They definitely stay in place. There are parts of the design of my tub that I'd like to be different but nothing serious.

Anne

Anne

They work fine. I must've been misunderstood. I'm very happy with the design of the headrests. They definitely stay in place. There are parts of the design of my tub that I'd like to be different but nothing serious.

Anne

Oops, I get what you're saying now! :lol:

Anne

Urbane Lion

Anne

Anne

Problem solved! :D

I installed the adhesive disks this morning and slipped on the cushions. They seem to be holding on fine. I'm a happy Lion!

Tom, could you PM me the same info please? Either that or share it with all. Thanks

Sure. I added a little more info to my earlier answer to Urbane Lion (and I'm glad you're a happy cat).

Sorry to hear you're having a problem with the pillows, but help is available! Your headrests are probably the type with a suction cup and perhaps a plastic disk to stick onto the acrylic. (The suction cup will probably stick okay to smooth acrylic, but not to textured acrylic. The plastic disks were developed for the textured acrylic.) Cleaning the acrylic with a little rubbing alcohol before attaching the disk may help. Your dealer can access an instructional video on our private web site (Memo #520-080617 or See: reference - downloads - informational videos - pillow retro) with other solutions.

Happy soaking

Tom

Anne

What parts of the design of your Limelight Flair do you wish were different?