Aqua Rite Salt System

linemanswife

My husband and I purchased a 33x54 above ground pool in March of this year. We asked for the saltwater system. Our salesman obviously knew that we had no idea about anything to do with pools so he gave us a "power ionizer" we had no idea that we had gotten a water softner instead of what we had asked for until recently. I called the place where we purchased and raised ten kinds of ....

They are now offering to come out and install the "Aqua Rite" salt system by goldline. They are giving us a credit for the mistake they made and we will have the pay $400.00. We have had so much trouble this season that I'm really not sure if I would just be better off by switching to the chlorine mineral pack. I've heard that with the mineral pack there is very little maintaining to do. I've done a little research on the Aqua Rite and have gotten mixed reviews. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? PLEASE HELP...I'm beginning to wish we had never bought a pool!

Thanks

By mineral pack you mean Mineral Springs unit? It's rebranded aquarite, and they use blend of usual house hold items like salt, borax etc and call it fancy name.

When considering a SWG you need to also consider the price of replacement cells and spare parts. Something that looks like a good buy might turn sour if something brakes outside warranty period.

I have a much smaller pool than yours. Ours is 13 x 25.5. We use a SWG sold under the name Splash pools, but it was made by Goldline. We have used it very successfully for three years without problems. This year has been the best because I learned the basics of pool water chemistry and moved from test strips and the local vendors water chemistry computer (it was a joke) to a Taylor FAS-DPD drip test system. That made all the difference. I test the water once a week, and make the necessary small adjustments. The pool water has been pristine all season because of the new water testing and management approach. It's easy to do, requires little time and is very accurate. I added a Taylor Salt testing kit to my FAS-DPD test unit, and the two have kept my pool chemistry in perfect balance all season. I never have to add chlorine. I adjust the SWG to a chlorine creation level of between 35 - 40 %, up or down depending on my chlorine readings with the Taylor kits. It's worked perfectly. Take a good look at a SWG if you want to simplify the management of you pool water chemistry. Good Luck!