Removing Decals From Acrylic Spa

Yarddogs

I recently installed a new D1 Wayfarer and attempted to remove the decal saying "Warning: Attach hose bib before filling tub." The "paper" portion of the decal came off, but the adhesive remains. Any suggestions on getting the adhesive off the acrylic without leaving any marks?

Cheers

I recently installed a new D1 Wayfarer and attempted to remove the decal saying "Warning: Attach hose bib before filling tub." The "paper" portion of the decal came off, but the adhesive remains. Any suggestions on getting the adhesive off the acrylic without leaving any marks?

Cheers

"Goof Off" will remove any residue, available at most stores.

Cheers

I wonder how simple "Peanut Butter" would affect acrylic. I learned this method to take labels off of jars, cookware, etc. just smear some on, and wipe off a few hours later with soap and water, works like a charm. I can't see anything that would really affect an acrylic spa in peanut butter, input?

I wonder how simple "Peanut Butter" would affect acrylic. I learned this method to take labels off of jars, cookware, etc. just smear some on, and wipe off a few hours later with soap and water, works like a charm. I can't see anything that would really affect an acrylic spa in peanut butter, input?

Crunchy or Smooth?

If that does work I'd suspect you can probably use peanut oil and get the same results.

This works great for bubblegum in hair too. I'd say out of everything mentioned so far... the peanut butter (smooth LOL) would be the best substance.

Don't use Goof off..it will really ruin the acrylic.....almost melt it......and then you would have wished you would have left the sticker on......call the company where you purchased the spa and see what they recommend......good luck to you.....

Never had this problem before, but have only used Goof Off on new Cal Spas with the "granit" finish/ I will be wary now on smooth acrylic. Thanks for the info.

We have been using rubbing alcohol to remove sticky stuff and clean silicone off of our acryllic shells for years and have not had one incident.

I don't doubt it works but that doesn't change the fact you should NEVER use it on acrylic. It can/will cause crazing. You won't see the issue immediately (unless you over do it) but over time it can/will and is exactly what NOT to use (though I'm sure it takes the sticky substance off like a charm).