Which Spa Maintenace System Do You Recommend?

trainor

I've got a bunch of bottles of the basic chemicals (bromine, ETC.), and have been researching to come up with a more simple system. I feel very fortunate to have found this forum.

From everything I've read over the last two weeks, I'm most impressed with Nature2. I'd really appreciate other opinions. Is there an even better alternative? What about this Pristine Blue or Softswim?

Every system sounds simple and easy at first, but once you get interested you find there's 6, 10 or 12 other products by the same company that are recommended to use also.

I've got a bunch of bottles of the basic chemicals (bromine, ETC.), and have been researching to come up with a more simple system. I feel very fortunate to have found this forum.

From everything I've read over the last two weeks, I'm most impressed with Nature2. I'd really appreciate other opinions. Is there an even better alternative? What about this Pristine Blue or Softswim?

Every system sounds simple and easy at first, but once you get interested you find there's 6, 10 or 12 other products by the same company that are recommended to use also.

I liked plain old chlorine. A couple TBLS after use and you were good to go.

Nature 2 is good, many like it. There are 2 ways you can use it, chlorine after each use or MPS after each use with chlorine to start up and as needed. It makes it so you can keep the risdual of chlorine lower than using chlorine alone. The MPS after each use with chlorine as needed does not work as well if the tub is used heavy, by children or teens or with a swimsuit. Ozone is also a great benifit with N2.

If you go to the other side of this forum, the water chemistry section, you will find all kinds of info on the different chemical systems.

Being someone who started out as trying to go with a "low" or "No" chlorine system, I quickly discovered that if you want crystal clear water, no microbes, and easy water balance, then use chlorine (DiChlor). I tried the copper ion's (Pristine blue / cleanwater blue) I tried Bhromine. I was amazed at how clear the water was when I drianed and went with plain old DiChlor! I found that I was using DiChlor to shock with more and more to keep the water clean (new tub, friends, family wanting to try it out etc) and I also discovered I wasted 80 bucks on a low chlorine natural ion sanitizer ching-aso. Like they say keep it simple, and a quick test kit and some chlorine granules couldn't be easier.

BTW I also have less issues with my water going in and out of balance (pH, TA, hardness etc) with just the one sanitizer, and a little spa defense for anti scale, the balance stays very consistant.

I love the ozone system with the Nature2. I use the MPS shock after each use. I run the system 2 times a day for 3 hours each time.

Weekly, I add 1 tablespoon of Enhanced shock which is di-chlor. I run that one hour and then add 2 tablespoons of MPS. Do NOT use tri-clor in a spa.

The only problem encountered so far is that the di-clor raises the Cyranuric acid level eventually requiring an early draining.

You will notice with Chlorine and Bromine the smell. Shocking it regularly will help keep the odor down, but these two just seem to always be noticable.

With the way I do it, there is just a hint of chlorine.