Peak Ozonator Or Arctic Ozonator?

If I purchase an Arctic spa, does anyone have a recommendation on whether the upgrade to the "Peak" Ozonator is worth it over the "Arctic" Ozonator? I do not recall the price differenc, but I believe it was fairly substantial.

Thanx,

Steven-

It is just a way to upsale. You'll use just a little chlorine once a week anyway, and, if you're doing that, the regular ozonator will do fine.

I sure wish we had bought the peak. What that old saying??? If I knew then what I know now. Based upon your useage [ we use our frontier a ton] IMO every little bit helps. There were some threads on this site awhile back that had some pretty good info. on purchasing a ozonator or not. It might be worth your time read them. Good luck. steve

• 2 weeks later...

The Peak Ozon generator reduces you chemical use a lot! I have tried both. The Arctic Ozone is the entry level ozone generator about the same as every brand has.

The Peak ozone is much more powerful and I would say reduces your chemical use about 80%.

You do not have to decide to go for Peak now, as it is pretty easy to upgrade from Arctic Ozone to Peak (I did that).

My advice is to try to get a good price for a possible upgrade into your deal. It is alway easier to get a good deal before you buy the spa.

The Peak ozone is much more powerful and I would say reduces your chemical use about 80%.

So your saying that if I use a tsp now to achieve a level of 2-3 PPM (which is proven to kill all the nastys I introduce to the tub) that I could now use just a very small pinch to achieve a PPM level of ? (has to be .5-1 or below) and this will kill all the nastys me, my friends, and anyone who enters my tub introduce? Hmmmmmm very interesting. Maybe you better rethink that 80 percent reduction when there is truely no way to measure the bacteria killing ability of O3 in a Hot Tub enviroment. We don't want missinformation to get anybody sick.

While the Arctic Peak System is getting closer to a method of introducing O3 into water effectivly to allow it better contact with the small amount of bacteria it is capable of contacting. I would say a 30 percent reduction over no Ozone and a very small non mesuarable increase in effect over a high output CD system.

Keep sanitizing properly with an approved sanitizer to know your water is clean after your soak. And use ozone to maintain your water after you have sanitized it.

That is completely true, Roger, you still have to sanitize the spa properly and of course it all depends on the load of bathers.

What I should say is that [b]we [/b] reduced the chemical use about 80% and uses very small amount of sanitizers. We mostly use the two-three persons 2-4 times a week about 45 minutes in average and very few new guests. As for measuring. I still check the bromine level, but now I do not need the same amount to get it to stay on the correct level, as the Peak Ozone kills much more nasties than the AO, so the bromine does not have to take care of all itself. The Peak system also runs much more than the AO system.

For the upgrade, it was done in about one hour, and this is what I remembered they did, you better call Arctic in Canada or another Arctic dealer for details:

They drilled one hole for the Peak output on the wall in the footwell, and put on the output jet.

Cut the Arctic Ozone output PVCpipe and connected the suction hose to this. This now becomes the Peak suction.

Then there was to put in the Peak pump, generator, all the other hoses, mixing chambers and stuff inside the cabinet, connect the pump and the ozone generator to the electronics, program the electronics and it was up running.

As for the price: I payed listprice for the Peak system + the manhours and transport they used.

It is definately duable, so get your dealer to learn how, Turbottt1 !!

That is completely true, Roger, you still have to sanitize the spa properly and of course it all depends on the load of bathers.

What I should say is that [b]we [/b] reduced the chemical use about 80% and uses very small amount of sanitizers. We mostly use the two-three persons 2-4 times a week about 45 minutes in average and very few new guests. As for measuring. I still check the bromine level, but now I do not need the same amount to get it to stay on the correct level, as the Peak Ozone kills much more nasties than the AO, so the bromine does not have to take care of all itself. The Peak system also runs much more than the AO system.

But it is the Bromine that is killing the nastys. very very very little is getting killed by the o3 and it will be after your bromine has killed what you introduce that the 03 would have to most benifit if you could shut the bromine off, I am assuming you are using a floater.

It may work for you to reduce your bromine by 80 percent but I would never reccomend a bromine level below 2-3 PPM, O3 or not. And this may not be suffiecient for someone else. And if it was Chlorine I again would never tell someone to put in 80 percent less because of an 03 system. That is simply unsafe and will lead to cruddy water.

Always maintain a proper bromine or chlorine level first to make sure your tub is sanitized. Ozone works great as a suplement to a proper sanitation system, for a couple hundred bucks. Anything more and it is cost prohibitive. And there are plenty of folks who do not use ozone at all and have crisp clean water. And with chlorine done correctly you are never soaking in it.

The peak system is not just a new generator that makes more o3, it is a pretty large system, with it's own pump, mixing chamber, off gas chamber, suction and a lot of hoses. To see the details you must go to www.arcticspas.com and to the document library where you'll find the Peak Ozone guide.

I do not know all the chemical details, but that is my experience by upgrading from Arctic Ozon to Peak ozone, which was this threads question. Much, much easier to keep the water clear without the use of a lot of chemicals. If it is worth the money depends on you wallet, but you are able to upgrade later, which is one of the reasons why I bought an Arctic, I like to upgrade with new stuff coming.

Btw. I do not use a floater anymore.

The peak system is not just a new generator that makes more o3, it is a pretty large system, with it's own pump, mixing chamber, off gas chamber, suction and a lot of hoses. To see the details you must go to www.arcticspas.com and to the document library where you'll find the Peak Ozone guide.

I do not know all the chemical details, but that is my experience by upgrading from Arctic Ozon to Peak ozone, which was this threads question. Much, much easier to keep the water clear without the use of a lot of chemicals. If it is worth the money depends on you wallet, but you are able to upgrade later, which is one of the reasons why I bought an Arctic, I like to upgrade with new stuff coming.

Btw. I do not use a floater anymore.

I have studied the specs of the Peak System....and as I stated it is as good as a few others systems out there. but there may be IMO...again IMO.... some overkill and marketing in the design. Which is not a bad thing as it is a unique system. Just not worth 800 bucks IMO when the same thing can be accomplished with a few hundred. Which is an 03 system that will do the same thing, suplement a good sanitation routine.