Got My New Arctic Glacier Signature With Onzen This Week

cpumodem

All I can say is WOW. This replaced a 9 year old hot tub.

Spa dealer showed up at 10:15AM and I had already had the electrical removed and the tub drained.

The dealer removed tub and then placed the new Arctic. Next the installed the cover lifter.

Electrician showed up @ 12:15Pm. I started to fill the tub up with water while he did his thing.

At 12:50PM power was up and running. Waited until the temperature got to 85 degrees which happened about 5PM and slowly added about 6 to 7 pounds of salt.

Set the filtration to run 1 hour 3 times a day. Next started the Onzen system and set it to run 8 hours a day. Changed it last night to run 12 hours a day Currently free chlorine is now at 3 ppm. You don't have to open up the tub just change the setting on the tub top control panel.

Currently running the Onzen system 7/8 open.

The water is so soft and you don't smell of chlorine when you get out.

Got 2 louvered doors that are installed to keep the inside from getting too hot. I will replace the doors in the fall.

Wife and I are currently soaking in the tub every night and twice a day , morning and night on the weekend.

Had a couple of questions on the Onzen system and call the number listed. Got all the questions answered.

Here's a couple of pics of the spa

DSC_1983.jpg

Inside of the Spa.

DSC_1984.jpg

DSC_1985.jpg

At night with one of the doors removed showing the Onzen generator working.

DSC_1996.jpg

If anybody has any questions about the Arctic tub just let me know.

Spa dealer showed up at 10:15AM and I had already had the electrical removed and the tub drained.

The dealer removed tub and then placed the new Arctic. Next the installed the cover lifter.

Electrician showed up @ 12:15Pm. I started to fill the tub up with water while he did his thing.

At 12:50PM power was up and running. Waited until the temperature got to 85 degrees which happened about 5PM and slowly added about 6 to 7 pounds of salt.

Set the filtration to run 1 hour 3 times a day. Next started the Onzen system and set it to run 8 hours a day. Changed it last night to run 12 hours a day Currently free chlorine is now at 3 ppm. You don't have to open up the tub just change the setting on the tub top control panel.

Got 2 louvered doors that are installed to keep the inside from getting too hot. I will replace the doors in the fall.

Wife and I are currently soaking in the tub every night and twice a day , morning and night on the weekend.

Had a couple of questions on the Onzen system and call the number listed. Got all the questions answered.

What kind of Salt system are you using?

The system sounds like a no brainer, what do you mean by the Onzen is running 7/8 open? We are having our tub delivered in the next two weeks. Thanks,

Pete

P.S. Take some pictures!!

Pete There are 2 ways to control the Onzen output. Inside the spa you can not miss the Onzen generator. On the top there is a dial to control the output. I have mine just backed down a little bit from being fully open. On the dial you will see a + or - sign.

Next as mine is using the Gecko Metapack you control how long the Onzen generator runs to produce sanitizer measured as free chlorine.

You will access this through the filter button. You can set the generator to run either 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 or 24 hours a day. This will depend on the number of users and how much your tub is being used.

Chuck

What kind of Salt system are you using?

The salt that I'm using is provided by Arctic called Onzen Natural Salt Water Care Sea Salt Blend

Chuck

The system sounds like a no brainer, what do you mean by the Onzen is running 7/8 open? We are having our tub delivered in the next two weeks. Thanks,

Pete

P.S. Take some pictures!!

Finally got around and added pictures of my spa to the original message post.

Chuck

• 11 months later...

Hi cpumodem,

Great pics! Not sure if you are still checking Spa Forum (looks like you bought your tub a year ago), but I'm also looking at an artic glacier signature spa (in addition to sundance spas). A few questions: What color liner is that? I like it! I also like the moonscape that they offer which is on the lighter side. What kind of price did you get - I know the Onzen is an upgrade. I'm considering a artic glacier signature with artic ozone (not onzen), ultimate northern lights, and aquatremor. Have you been happy with this spa/dealer after its first year in use? I'd like the spa I buy to last awhile. Lastly, please send me any other advice/recommendations regarding the artic glacier signature spa or spas in general. I've never owned one, but seeing your pictures wants me to pull the trigger tonight. But I still have more research to do! Thanks for the help!

Here's a couple of pics of the spa

DSC_1983.jpg

Inside of the Spa.

DSC_1984.jpg

DSC_1985.jpg

At night with one of the doors removed showing the Onzen generator working.

DSC_1996.jpg

I remember when he posted this! I got my delivery right after.

I like the Moonscape on my Tundra SE. It has some copper color flecks and some quarts color, as well. It stays clean and if you get some build up around the perimeter, it doesn't show up too much. I also like my aquatremor, but my wife likes it quiet. It is cool to work in the yard and listen to my hot tub, though!

SteelerPete has some nice pictures on this message board, too.