Looking To Buy New

Winger

Hi,

This is my first post as I am in the market to purchase a Hot tub. I have psoriasis and am hoping soaking in a nice tub will be both relaxing and help my condition. I have posted on the psoriasis board and there seems to be success with tubs. I will use baquacil to condition the tub.

Candidates in price order

Cal spa 6000

Caldera Niagra 8500

Hot Springs Grandee 9100

Jacuzzi 400 series 10500

Everyone you talk to says they have the best. I am in MIlwaukee Wi and an looking for the most efficient and reliable tub.

Hi,

This is my first post as I am in the market to purchase a Hot tub. I have psoriasis and am hoping soaking in a nice tub will be both relaxing and help my condition. I have posted on the psoriasis board and there seems to be success with tubs. I will use baquacil to condition the tub.

Cal spa 6000

Caldera Niagra 8500

Hot Springs Grandee 9100

Jacuzzi 400 series 10500

Everyone you talk to says they have the best. I am in MIlwaukee Wi and an looking for the most efficient and reliable tub.

If you're looking for opinions on the 4 brands you listed, I'd personally stick to the last three on your list. My personal short list for quality made spas would be (in alphabetical order):

http://www.arcticspas.com

http://www.calderaspas.com/Locator/index.html

http://www.dimensiononespas.com/findadealer.asp

http://www.jacuzzi.com/products/

http://www.hotspring.com/index_spas_hot_spring.html

http://www.marquisspas.com/locator.asp

http://retailer.sundancespas.com/Retailers/index.php

There are others out there and there may be others that are cheaper but you want something that is well built, well backed and will last many years and sometimes the spas that are cheaper are so in more ways than one.

Thanks,

I was leaning away from the cal spa anyway. One of the dealers told me to stay away from Jacizzi.....so its between the Hot Springs and the Caldera. I will see what others think.

Hi,

Cal spa 6000

Caldera Niagra 8500

Hot Springs Grandee 9100

Jacuzzi 400 series 10500

If you're looking for opinions on the 4 brands you listed, I'd personally stick to the last three on your list.

Thanks,

I was leaning away from the cal spa anyway. One of the dealers told me to stay away from Jacizzi.....so its between the Hot Springs and the Caldera. I will see what others think.

Hi,

Cal spa 6000

Caldera Niagra 8500

Hot Springs Grandee 9100

Jacuzzi 400 series 10500

If you're looking for opinions on the 4 brands you listed, I'd personally stick to the last three on your list.

If there is a sundance dealer near you you might want to look at them.

And why would you want to stay away from Jacuzzi? From what I understand, they are made by Sundance and are considered one of the better brands.

Sundance and Jacuzzi are in the same building but I think they are still seperate lines at least with tech support and dealers.

Caldera is made in Mexico and I am sure that Hot Springs is as well since Watkins owns both of them.

look for a Coleman Dealer. Coleman's are cheaper than Jacuzzi and caldera, have better insulation and steel frame and one piece spa pan.

And why would you want to stay away from Jacuzzi? From what I understand, they are made by Sundance and are considered one of the better brands.

Sundance and Jacuzzi are in the same building but I think they are still seperate lines at least with tech support and dealers.

Caldera is made in Mexico and I am sure that Hot Springs is as well since Watkins owns both of them.

look for a Coleman Dealer. Coleman's are cheaper than Jacuzzi and caldera, have better insulation and steel frame and one piece spa pan.

Jacuzzi and Sundance are made in the same building but I've heard varying reports of whether they're on the same line or separate lines. I'm not sure why they'd need to be in separate lines anyway so I guess it really doen't matter either way IMO.

Caldera assembly is in Mexico but Hot Springs isn't. Coleman is certainly another alternative but I'd disagree that their insualtion method is as good as full foam but then again, we're all entitled to our opinion. As far as a steel frame, that has been hashed over many times and eveyone has their opinion but I think its a non factor, either way.

I will use baquacil to condition the tub.

As a side note, I would look into using Baqu....it has many issues. They are other alternatives that are out there. Research this subject also.

I will use baquacil to condition the tub.

As a side note, I would look into using Baqu....it has many issues. They are other alternatives that are out there. Research this subject also.

Sundance and Jacuzzi are in the same building but jacuzzi does not offer fluidex jets they dont offer air blower with built in aromatherpy they dont have dynamic flow filtration they dont have maintanence free filter and they are not stamp by nsf for micro filtration there is a lot of differences in betwwen the two.

Thanks

I am going to look at the Caldera Niagra.....they have a truck load sale for 8500. I can put money down and wet test it next week. If I dont like it I will get my money back.

I was just told that the Jacuzzi had problems and should stay away from it.

Is the coleman a dependable tub???? I would be willing to pay less if there is still quality.

Thanks

I am going to look at the Caldera Niagra.....they have a truck load sale for 8500. I can put money down and wet test it next week. If I dont like it I will get my money back.

I was just told that the Jacuzzi had problems and should stay away from it.

Is the coleman a dependable tub???? I would be willing to pay less if there is still quality.

Yes the coleman spas are dependable. I have selling them for years now and they keep getting better all the time. great non prorated warranty. Top of the line Balboa controls. Energy efficient 56 frame pump motors. Very nice outside panels in 3 colors. Good covers from Sunstar. Comfortable seating. The only thing they shallower than some tubs, but that is by design to get them on there side through gates.

As with any spa, car etc a problem can happen