Took Delivery Of My Marquis Epic Yesterday

DjPiLL

Ok the eagle has landed. :lol:

tub1.jpg

tub2.jpg

tub3.jpg

Had my first soak last night at 99degrees. Was soooo nice. :lol: Wife was especially happy which was nice considering she refused to wet test. She loves the lounger. It's just so nice to have this delivered in conjunction with the rest of my backyard projects being pretty much done.

We have to wait for the cover lifter though. My dealer ordered the wrong matching cover, so he gave me his floor model cover for now and he said he would install the cover lifter when my new cover arrives that he just ordered.

Anyways so where do I go from here as far as maintenance and chemicals go? I know I have to test PH... daily right? Are there any electronic PH testers that I don't have to use disposable strips for?

I also filled my water sample bottle which the dealer instructed me to do. He said I should bring it in so they can test my water to see how hard or soft water I have. That way next time I drain and fill I know what PH I have to add.

My dealer had me insert the Spa Frog Bromine and Mineral cartridges in (Bromine at 2 and Mineral at 6 setting). He also said put two capfulls of the Bromine accelerant in before you take your first soak which I did.

Is there anything else I should be aware of? When do I need to throw shock in and how much do I put in? What about other maintenance? I have a whole ton of chemicals they gave me.

Ok the eagle has landed. :lol:

tub1.jpg

tub2.jpg

tub3.jpg

Had my first soak last night at 99degrees. Was soooo nice. :lol: Wife was especially happy which was nice considering she refused to wet test. She loves the lounger. It's just so nice to have this delivered in conjunction with the rest of my backyard projects being pretty much done.

We have to wait for the cover lifter though. My dealer ordered the wrong matching cover, so he gave me his floor model cover for now and he said he would install the cover lifter when my new cover arrives that he just ordered.

Anyways so where do I go from here as far as maintenance and chemicals go? I know I have to test PH... daily right? Are there any electronic PH testers that I don't have to use disposable strips for?

I also filled my water sample bottle which the dealer instructed me to do. He said I should bring it in so they can test my water to see how hard or soft water I have. That way next time I drain and fill I know what PH I have to add.

My dealer had me insert the Spa Frog Bromine and Mineral cartridges in (Bromine at 2 and Mineral at 6 setting). He also said put two capfulls of the Bromine accelerant in before you take your first soak which I did.

Is there anything else I should be aware of? When do I need to throw shock in and how much do I put in? What about other maintenance? I have a whole ton of chemicals they gave me.

You don't need to test daily just do it weekly. Depending on use you should shock weekly also, but test your PH on a different day. Adjust as needed and don't micromanage your water. Relax and enjoy, and remember your dealer will be happy to answer any questions you have, you payed extra for there services, use them. After all they know the water in your area.

Thanks guys. My wife absolutely loves the lounger which kinda sucks for me since I love the lounger too. She said the other seats are "too deep" for her. Oh well. :D

Now if only my dealer would get me my real cover with cover lifter i'll be all set. Opening and closing the cover is a PITA without a cover lifter. :huh:

Thanks guys. My wife absolutely loves the lounger which kinda sucks for me since I love the lounger too. She said the other seats are "too deep" for her. Oh well. :D

Now if only my dealer would get me my real cover with cover lifter i'll be all set. Opening and closing the cover is a PITA without a cover lifter. :huh:

Congrats. Just be happy the wife is happy and get yourself a cover lift, as you are learning they are a MUST!!!

Congrats. Just be happy the wife is happy and get yourself a cover lift, as you are learning they are a MUST!!!

I am owed a cover lifter. The dealer did not have my cover in stock (when he thought he did) so he had to order it and he loaned me his cover he had on his Epic display model. He wants to install the cover lifter when my new cover arrives (probably another week since coming directly from Oregon). :(

I am owed a cover lifter. The dealer did not have my cover in stock (when he thought he did) so he had to order it and he loaned me his cover he had on his Epic display model. He wants to install the cover lifter when my new cover arrives (probably another week since coming directly from Oregon). :(

I see!! Tell him to throw in a Mr T rubber duck for your troubles.