Newbie Question

30 members have voted

1. 1. Suites?

• no suites
    • suites
    • only suites when companies over
    • doesnt matter who's over no suites

I'm new to the hot tub/spa thing, actually will be getting the spa next week sometime. Picked up a calspa vx848b. Now to the question,, I'll have more serious questions once the tub is up and running.. but, if its just you and your other, wife/husband girlfriend/boyfriend etc.. Do you wear suits or not? We are up in the mountains and live on a wooded acre with no immediate neighbors. I told the wife that most people do but she doesn't believe me..

So whats the low down??

I'm new to the hot tub/spa thing, actually will be getting the spa next week sometime. Picked up a calspa vx848b. Now to the question,, I'll have more serious questions once the tub is up and running.. but, if its just you and your other, wife/husband girlfriend/boyfriend etc.. Do you wear suits or not? We are up in the mountains and live on a wooded acre with no immediate neighbors. I told the wife that most people do but she doesn't believe me..

So whats the low down??

No suits unless you have company that you are not comfortable in the buff with. If you do use suits, rinse them out extra good before entering the spa and do not wash after every spa use. When they are washed, woolite seems to be the best with and extra rinse cycle.

Risdual soaps, deodorants, lotions, makeup are the number 1 issue with water clarity most of the time.

Come on people,, 378 views and 9 votes! We dont see how you voted just the # of votes,, put your 2cents in! Let me prove a point to the wife that she should go suite less!!

What you wear in your spa is up to you. What your wife wears is up to her. Why should she decide based on what you want or based on the opinions of the people on this forum? BTW, suits are what you wear (or don't wear), suites are what you get at a hotel. My 2 cents worth. :)

Sandi

First,, sorry,, suit,, not suite,, my spelling isn't always the best,, and if its wrong but spell check doesn't grab it I don't notice either..

As far as the wife,, she just thinks I'm making it all up..doesn't believe anybody uses spas without..

We have been going to PT for several months now for back and neck injuries due to a severe auto collision, which is why we got the tub.. and on Wednesday Her therapist told her she has one and only wears a suit when companies over.. Well.. I got her into a bikini so that's a start..

First,, sorry,, suit,, not suite,, my spelling isn't always the best,, and if its wrong but spell check doesn't grab it I don't notice either..

As far as the wife,, she just thinks I'm making it all up..doesn't believe anybody uses spas without..

We have been going to PT for several months now for back and neck injuries due to a severe auto collision, which is why we got the tub.. and on Wednesday Her therapist told her she has one and only wears a suit when companies over.. Well.. I got her into a bikini so that's a start..

Spa attire depends on several factors - just you and your wife using the spa versus having friends over, time of day that you are using the spa (night time versus in broad daylight), location of your yard/spa with regard to neighbors (lots of privacy versus houses very close together with little/no privacy), as well as comfort level with your own body. It's all about relaxation so she should do whatever makes her feel more relaxed. She may start out wearing a suit and keeping it on the whole time, then try taking it off once she's in the spa, then decide, "The heck with the suit, I'm going out in the buff with just a towel around me and if the neighbors see me when I drop it, oh well!"

Sandi

PS - For the record, my husband and I are in the last category but our spa location is pretty private.

So whats the low down??

I say the more you own the spa, the less suits is an option. I think clothing can get in the way of the therapy of what the spa is meant for... but what do I know, I'm not a doctor :P

We have a private area,, the spa is behind the house, on a one acre lot and on both sides are wooded lots that are unused. The neighbors would have to get creative to see us,, and we're not kids any more so I doubt they would try that hard to.. We have had the tub going now for 3 days and used it for 3 nights, cut short tonight due to heavy rain.. I wear the suit in and it comes off once in.. within reach just in case we have visitors stop by.. She is warming up to the idea and I'm not pushing.. I just wanted to prove that I wasn't just making it all up.. which she is still on the fence about..

Thanks for all the input..

• 2 weeks later...

Almost finished putting my Frankenstein tub, deck project to bed. Had a Balboa Lite 4K watt 220v spa pack from a previous retro-fit, found a Jacuzzi 400gal 4 person shell with lounger (ebay), rebuilt Sta-Rite 2 speed pump (ebay), set it on a 4" thick concrete slab and built a 16x20 deck extension around it. Did it all myself including electric (yes I pulled all the proper NC permits and inspections), need to tile around the tub and finish the gazebo style cover.

After all that Blood, Sweat and Tears do you think I would let any fabric hit the water,

I think not!

Great thread, very enjoyable reading!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

Benjamin Franklin

Here is my 2 cents, from my experience in using a spa. I prefer no suit, but there are times that is not going to work. So, less and tight is best or you end up with a balloon pulling seams into... it is uncomfortable. So instead of enjoying your soak, you spend your time keeping the air out of your suit. It is easy for women to find suitable swimwear, but for men it has become a challenge. Apparently, men no longer are allowed to wear swimwear in the USA because every store I have gone to only sells loose, baggy things with long legs which seem to not only be dangerous to swim in but would be a nightmare in a spa. I have seen a few that would work at athletic specialty stores but the price is rather high as compaired to what women can pay for something similar. Suggestions?

Recomend, get out of spa with suit and rinse off in shower, rinsing your suit at that time and hang dry. Avoid washing as much as you can. Nothing spoils a night in the tub like having it turn into a bubble bath that no one can see for the foam!

However, women in one piece suits can be a good laugh. :lol:

I got my current suit from an outfitter,, they have lots of shorts that are swim suits, same material and have the netting inside.. The bonus, they have pockets and fly's so they look and feel like shorts.. you can hike in them and stash the contents of the pockets somewhere and take a splash in lake or creek.. I have one pair that is tub only, so it gets rinsed and no soap or hiking use..