Allure Vitaspa

In June 2007 we purchased an Allure VitaSpa from Atlanta Spa and Leisure and we have been very disappointed in the Quality of the product and the level of service we have received.

We have had major and minor problems since we purchased our Allure VitaSpa 10 months ago. Some items were resolved quickly, some items required repeated complaints to get any action, and some items have not been corrected.

In the 10 months that we have owned our Allure spa we have had the following problems:

1. Filter cover does not sit properly, rocks easily and is unstable safety hazard (unresolved)

2. Metallic rings around larger jets corroded and pitted within weeks of installation (eventually replaced)

3. Debris and suspended flotsam from paper filters visible in water since installation (unresolved)

4. Main pump/heater failed after 8 months (repaired/replaced quickly)

5. Skimmer door does not float freely and is constantly stuck in closed position (unresolved)

6. Headrests faded, painted washed off and transferred black rubber material to occupants (unresolved)

The first item is a safety issue because we have elderly guests that often lean on the filter cover while entering or exiting the spa. Because it rocks and moves and is unstable, this can cause the person to slip or loose their balance. The lid should not rock and move if someone places a hand on it for balance. The lid has been replaced twice and the problem appears to be with the mold of the spa enclosure form.

Regarding the debris and flotsam, our dealer insisted that it was caused by dead skin. We have provided samples of the debris - which is paper and not skin. It's possible that our filters are damaged or malfunctioning since we have continued to have this problem since the first day it was installed. Even after draining and cleaning the water, we have the problem immediately after refilling.

The pitting and corrosion on the jet's metal rings was intially blamed on hard water or soft water. After several months of testing and balancing the water, we finally had the jets replaced and have had no further problems. It appears that the inital installed jets were from a "bad batch".

• 4 weeks later...
In June 2007 we purchased an Allure VitaSpa from Atlanta Spa and Leisure and we have been very disappointed in the Quality of the product and the level of service we have received.

We have had major and minor problems since we purchased our Allure VitaSpa 10 months ago. Some items were resolved quickly, some items required repeated complaints to get any action, and some items have not been corrected.

In the 10 months that we have owned our Allure spa we have had the following problems:

1. Filter cover does not sit properly, rocks easily and is unstable safety hazard (unresolved)

2. Metallic rings around larger jets corroded and pitted within weeks of installation (eventually replaced)

3. Debris and suspended flotsam from paper filters visible in water since installation (unresolved)

5. Skimmer door does not float freely and is constantly stuck in closed position (unresolved)

6. Headrests faded, painted washed off and transferred black rubber material to occupants (unresolved)

The first item is a safety issue because we have elderly guests that often lean on the filter cover while entering or exiting the spa. Because it rocks and moves and is unstable, this can cause the person to slip or loose their balance. The lid should not rock and move if someone places a hand on it for balance. The lid has been replaced twice and the problem appears to be with the mold of the spa enclosure form.

Regarding the debris and flotsam, our dealer insisted that it was caused by dead skin. We have provided samples of the debris - which is paper and not skin. It's possible that our filters are damaged or malfunctioning since we have continued to have this problem since the first day it was installed. Even after draining and cleaning the water, we have the problem immediately after refilling.

The pitting and corrosion on the jet's metal rings was intially blamed on hard water or soft water. After several months of testing and balancing the water, we finally had the jets replaced and have had no further problems. It appears that the inital installed jets were from a "bad batch".

I purchased an Essence Vita Spa in 2005. It was set up on 6/1/05, starting on 6/10/05 it would shut off because of error codes for pb (power board). Was told this was because of the lighting board. I have replaced 3 lighting boards, 3 power boards, 1 lower sensor, 1 heat sensor, 2 display units, extra ground added (I was told there could be extra "noise" in the power supply line). Now my right speaker doesn't work. My dealer is slow to respond and will not help me in getting my $$ back, or a new hot tub because the manufacture will make you do all these things before they will discuss that. So now, I am waiting for my 3rd & final lighting board as I was told that they have redesigned it. Really? I am so sick of dealing with this as I now have to get a babysitter for my hot tub while I am away in case the error code shuts my tub off again. I have written letters, talked to tech service to no avail. My next course is legal action. I'm afraid to say, you have a lemon on your hands just like I. I wonder if anyone would like to start a class action? Good luck!

I purchased an Essence Vita Spa in 2005. It was set up on 6/1/05, starting on 6/10/05 it would shut off because of error codes for pb (power board). Was told this was because of the lighting board. I have replaced 3 lighting boards, 3 power boards, 1 lower sensor, 1 heat sensor, 2 display units, extra ground added (I was told there could be extra "noise" in the power supply line). Now my right speaker doesn't work. My dealer is slow to respond and will not help me in getting my $$ back, or a new hot tub because the manufacture will make you do all these things before they will discuss that. So now, I am waiting for my 3rd & final lighting board as I was told that they have redesigned it. Really? I am so sick of dealing with this as I now have to get a babysitter for my hot tub while I am away in case the error code shuts my tub off again. I have written letters, talked to tech service to no avail. My next course is legal action. I'm afraid to say, you have a lemon on your hands just like I. I wonder if anyone would like to start a class action? Good luck!

Hi Dannielle the white stuff thats in your spa sounds like calcium build up DO NOT PUT CALCIUM HARDNESS IN YOUR SPA I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODY TELLS YOU calcium will destroy your spa it gumbs up your jets and your pump impellers it could be a filter problem but most of the time it is calcium and when you drain your spa all the calcium that is built up in the lines breaks loose and as soon as you fill your spa and turn on your jets it blows all that in your water IT IS NOT DRIED SKIN and if you are using bromine tablets dont bromine is very corrosive the problem with bromine is it dissolves at a constint rate you cant speed it up or slow it down lets say you test your water on saturday and your bromine is low lets say you add 2 tablets if go out and check your bromine on sunday your bromine leval is fine test it on monday your bromine level is high you cant control it and it will cause your calcium to build up faster I live in GA too I service your area I know how your water is you should be enjoying your spa not fighting with it all the time.