Want A New Pool

jabbo

Hello, im new to the site and starting to do some research on inground pools. Probably will be no earlier than this fall/winter before we put one in(maybe a year) but would like to get as much info as I can on all the different pools and equiptment that I can. So any advice, info, websites or readings that you all can give me is welcome. I live in middle Georgia and have a deep well for water. Thanks!!

Hello, im new to the site and starting to do some research on inground pools. Probably will be no earlier than this fall/winter before we put one in(maybe a year) but would like to get as much info as I can on all the different pools and equiptment that I can. So any advice, info, websites or readings that you all can give me is welcome. I live in middle Georgia and have a deep well for water. Thanks!!

37 views and no replies. Did I ask the wrong question?

37 views and no replies. Did I ask the wrong question?

It kinda buying a car. get as many quotes as you can from pool builders. Do a little asking around if you know people who have pools the are new or if they are happy with the service provider they use.

look into the builders history, how long have they been in buisness, how many pools do they build in a year, ask if you can visit some pools they built. I live in PA so i do not know what the popular pool is in GA. Here most are vinyl liner pools or concrete (most exspensive).

Let me ask you this what are looking for? Size of the pool? rectangle, free form, kidney shaped. Spa attached?

They equipment options are just about endless and each dealer has thier preference as what manufacture to use. What you will need is a pump and a filter, heaters, lights, control system, chorline generators are all options and can be added later except the light.

There is DE filters which is the best, cartridge is next and then sand, but sand is the easiest to use and all we sell with new pools. I would stay away from Jandy pumps and filters as well as waterways, stay with Hayward or Sta-rite products. Check out Pentairpool.com and haywardnet.net for more info

Let me know if you more help

ps558 is right on, but I'd like to amplify - most builders will have a portfolio w/ pics of pools they've built. Pics are nice, but get names and addresses of past customers and call them. Ask if you can visit and look at their pools - and ask them about their experience. You'll want to evaluate the quality of their work with your own eyes, and ask the customers straightforward questions about their experience.

I can't overemphasize the importance of this. Caveat emptor.

If you are not adverse to a rectangular pool, I would get one and have them install an automatic cover with the tracks running underneath the edge of the side. This is by far the most maintenance-free pool. You can get an automatic cover on other shapes, but the tracks will have to run on the deck and it is not as attractive.

The cover will keep everything out of the pool, it will reduce your evaporative water loss, and it will help heat the pool. I've had a pool with one and one without, and I can tell you, automatic covers are worth every penny.

The other thing I would make sure to get is a salt water chlorinator. They are awesome.