Hayward Super Pump

Hi there! I just tried to start running the pump to clean the pool and the pump does sound like it's running, but no water is coming through. It did take a while for the pump to start to begin with. Does this mean I need a new pump? Should I call someone to come look at it? I opened the pool last year with no problems, but now am unsure. The pump does appear very old (I know it is at least 7 years minimum.) Maybe it's just time for a new one.

http://picasaweb.google.com/nepagirl2006/S...key=Ei-3Y-PVC7U

Thanks for your help!

There are a couple things you can try yourself before spending $$ for someone else to come in - any chance of posting some more pics which include the whole system/ valves - I might see something that would help?

Put your garden hose down your skimmer line and plug a rag around it. turn on the hose and wait till there is water coming into your pump. Then have someone unplug the hose at the same time you turn the pump on this should get rid of the airlock you probably have in your line. If there is no suction at all when you turn the pump on then get it serviced.

Ps make sure your 3 way is set to skimmer