La Spas Owner

Hi,

I would like to says that I am a proud owner of the LA Spas, the model is the 2007 HEET with 3 motors, 1 fountain, 4 LEDs lights and stereo with the summit speakers. Things I don't have are recirculating pump, also no ozonator. I have had it for 3 weeks now. I have upgraded from a LA Spas OASIS which I had for a little over 6 months. I have tested a few spas from different manufactures,looked at Jacuzzi, Beachcomber, Artesian, also wet tested Sundance Cameo(friend), wet tested 5 year old Hot Spring Grandee(another friend), wet tested a Caldera C45, and also wet tested the LA Spas Oasis.

The Sundance Cameo was very nice, also the Hot Springs Grandee was nice and big but not enough jets(possibly the newer model has more jets). The Caldera C45 I could not stay put in the lounger seat. Then I went to a local spa dealer(5minutes from my place) who sells the LA Spas and Catelina. I wet tested the Oasis and really like it, comfortable, good warranty, local, and the price was right.

After 6 months use I liked it a lot but few things where missing. Here are the thing I didn't like or though was missing for complete enjoyment. It only had 2 motors(not enough jets), no real step to get into the spas( few people almost fell/slip getting into it), only had 1 LED light, and no stereo(this one was not has important).

I went back to my dealer and he made me an offer I could not pass up in upgrading it to the HEET model, this where having great service really help.

The only issues I had with the original spa (Oasis) where a couple jets needed to be replace from the start, and the cover stitches where starting to rip where the cover lifter was putting pressure and the dealer had ordered a new cover to replace it no fuss(again great customer service). By the way on the new spas I have a different cover lifter which should not happen again.

I cannot talk about long term reliability since only had a LA spas for about 6 months, also I cannot tell how much energy the spa uses since this is the first winter in my new home, I live in Canada(Ottawa) and winters are pretty cold. I compared my bills with one of my neighbor and it was similar, of course we don't use the same energy but numbers weren't far of.

Sometimes I wonder if the ozonator and re-circ pump would make a difference but it too late now.

I find HEET form LA Spas is perfect me and my family, I love the huge step to get in(also use as a cool down seat), and having 3 motors with 61 jets is amazing. Also another reason I wanted to get a bigger spa was the amount of water in the spa, here's why, the Oasis only had 325 gallons/1,230 liters (spas size 83"x83") and when you have 4-5 bathers the water level can come up quite a bit making the spa too deep. Now the HEET is a 92"x92" and can hold 400gallons/1,514 liters, this gives more space and the water level doesn't seem to change much.

I just wanted to share my experience as many people are coming on this site the get more info on different spas out there, LA Spas might not be the perfect spas for everyone but I hope my experience will help someone else when looking to buy a a spa, not everyone will be lucky like me to be able to trade in the spa after 6 months use.

Dan

Interesting. Glad to hear you're pleased. We tested an LA Spa Tuscan maybe? It was too small, it seemed, for our family of 2 smallish kids who like to jump around, and 2 adults. We really like the Caldera C45, because it fits all of us very comfortably. We really noticed the amount of water issue in the LA Spa, as it rose it quite high. I thought the shoulder jets on LA looked great, but was disappointed in the way it fit me, that if I had my back against the lumbar jets, my shoulders were too high to go under the jets, and when I got them under there, they weren't what I was hoping for. Just goes to prove the value of wet-testing.

The LA dealer was filling a larger tub, where the shoulder jets are in a deeper seat, and we might have gone back to test it again, but unfortunately, the owner of the store has only been selling spas of any kind for 4 years, and just doesn't seem to know squat about anything, and I'm sorry, but I just don't care to reward that kind of service with my business (and it makes me wonder how good his service is, though he says his techs are the most experienced in town).

Ron

Yes this is true, wet test is very important, For me the LA spas had the just the right water height but then again nobody fits the same way.

The Caldera was a nice spa, I loved the captain chair, just the lounge chair kept moving me to the left left of the lounger, I kept pulling myself back into position with the handle bar. Price was good too, i just hesitated because of the lounger...Now that I have the HEET version, I cannot compare it is a more expensive spa and would probably compare to a more equipped Caldera...

My dealer is fairly new in the business(less than 2 years), but I can alway talk to main store in Montreal if anything would happen to my local dealer.

I feel it is always good to support local business when we can.

Dan

I feel it is always good to support local business when we can.

Dan

I agree especially when the local dealer is friendly and helpful, ours is.

Good to see you are enjoying your spa we have a HEET as well, we have had ours for over a year now and we still go in just about every day.

We have the 3 pump version as well and we find the hydropherapy excellent. Another good point I would like to add is that La will customise the number of jets and pumps etc. to suit individual needs.

There are not many La spa owners on this forum, but the ones I read about are happy owners.