Infinity Owners - Heater Size Survey

spamom

Hello all..

this really comes out of Jeff's tub info.. that his tub came with a 4.0 heater....

i just called the phone number on Costco's website and spoke to an "Infinity rep" at the Tx location and they confirmed all tubs are made with the 4.0 heater....

they claim they never put a 5.5 heater in them....

for all those, Sandi/ kengorman/ Biz... etc... who have recieved your tubs prior....

Can you confirm your heater IS a 5.5 ???

i would like to call Costco on this.. but would like to have my facts straight and maybe fix this BEFORE my tub is delivered!!!!

Thank you all.

Also... just in case.. (does anyone know how much this would effect electric. and or heating of the tub?)

Hello Spamom:

I confirmed that we to have a 4.0 heater and that are tub was also made in Texas

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We recieved our Sun Peak this afternoon & so far everything looks good. Ours was manufactured in Texas & it did come with a 5.5 Heater. The only thing that was missing that we noticed was the master jet, which from what I've been reading others as well. Ours had some thin insulation on all the panals and the inside was sprayed foam, which it could of probailly took some more spray but not to worried about we live in Fresno, Ca and the weather dosen't get that cold. We have our electrian comming out tomorrow & we should be up & running tomorrow night. Will let you know how it runs in the next day or so.

Just dont understand what is going on in Texas.... Some tubs are coming out with 5.5kw heaters & spray on foam....while others are 4.0kw heaters with isotec insulation ( some new idea they are testing i guess ).....

Quality control at its best.......??????????

Missy,

Remember to fill the tub thru the filter area to prevent trapping air....

Jeff

It is simply a case hat they're being made at the old Keys Backyard production facility. Coming from there, you have more to worry about than the heater rating.

Just dont understand what is going on in Texas.... Some tubs are coming out with 5.5kw heaters & spray on foam....while others are 4.0kw heaters with isotec insulation ( some new idea they are testing i guess ).....

Quality control at its best.......??????????

Missy,

Remember to fill the tub thru the filter area to prevent trapping air....

Jeff

I would just like to see a standard for the Sun Peak tubs coming out of Texas ..thats all...

Some are getting this, others are getting that.....thats my point......they need to be consistent in their mfg standards....

Infinity will iron these problems as time goes on....

Time will tell, .......actually I am happy for the moment with my Sun Peak.....

Infinity has taken care of every problem that I presented them with....sending me a 5.5kw heater ( I will replace myself - easy fix ), reimbursement for spray on foam ( hoping that isn't too messy to do myself ), sending me 3 massage jets to replace the 3 in the footwell area ( pop out & pop in )

They even offered to ship me another one from their TN location...production of these tubs may go back to TN ( rumor has it.......mold was sent to TX from TN when they acquired Keys Backyard but it may be going back in the coming months...dont quote me on that thou )

Infinity's customer service was very pleasant to work with & accomodating......once I got a hold of them....

This may be a no-thrills spa but the price is right......dealer's tubs are overpriced....but if one is looking for that warm fuzzy feeling so that they can have fast, immediate, local service, then buying a tub from your local dealer is the way to go.... I am not disagreeing for a moment that these tubs are better built but they are not worth all of that extra money.........

Missy,

That insulation on the panels is referred to as Arctic Double Wrap Insulation....bright side is that your tub has spray on foam at least......

Let us know how you like when you fire it up .........

Jeff

I would just like to see a standard for the Sun Peak tubs coming out of Texas ..thats all...

Some are getting this, others are getting that.....thats my point......they need to be consistent in their mfg standards....

Infinity will iron these problems as time goes on....

Time will tell, .......actually I am happy for the moment with my Sun Peak.....

Infinity has taken care of every problem that I presented them with....sending me a 5.5kw heater ( I will replace myself - easy fix ), reimbursement for spray on foam ( hoping that isn't too messy to do myself ), sending me 3 massage jets to replace the 3 in the footwell area ( pop out & pop in )

They even offered to ship me another one from their TN location...production of these tubs may go back to TN ( rumor has it.......mold was sent to TX from TN when they acquired Keys Backyard but it may be going back in the coming months...dont quote me on that thou )

Infinity's customer service was very pleasant to work with & accomodating......once I got a hold of them....

This may be a no-thrills spa but the price is right......dealer's tubs are overpriced....but if one is looking for that warm fuzzy feeling so that they can have fast, immediate, local service, then buying a tub from your local dealer is the way to go.... I am not disagreeing for a moment that these tubs are better built but they are not worth all of that extra money.........

Missy,

That insulation on the panels is referred to as Arctic Double Wrap Insulation....bright side is that your tub has spray on foam at least......

Let us know how you like when you fire it up .........

Jeff

Five... I would like to ask you that if you knew your Infinity tub would only last 5-8 years before it was so expensive to fix that it was garbage, and you knew a dealer high end tub would last for 15-20 would that change you perception of a good quality dealer tub costing 8 grand as being expensive?

Speculativly of course.

I am having trouble trying to figure out how high to fill the spa. In the owners manual it says to fill lthe spa to the line, but I dont see a fill line. Does the water fill over the shoulder jets? There is a small line in that seat that has the shoulder jets, but the line is under the jets, so I wasn't sure if the water is suppose to be under those jets? If anyone knows and can answer please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Thnks

I am having trouble trying to figure out how high to fill the spa. In the owners manual it says to fill lthe spa to the line, but I dont see a fill line. Does the water fill over the shoulder jets? There is a small line in that seat that has the shoulder jets, but the line is under the jets, so I wasn't sure if the water is suppose to be under those jets? If anyone knows and can answer please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Thnks

Hi Missy:

We have the same exact question as you do. We couldn't find a fill line, so we filled it with water just slightly above the shoulder jets. Not sure if that is correct or not. Would love to hear from others, if they know the correct answer.

Hi Missy:

We have the same exact question as you do. We couldn't find a fill line, so we filled it with water just slightly above the shoulder jets. Not sure if that is correct or not. Would love to hear from others, if they know the correct answer.

Hi Missy:

In the owner's manual it has the water line just under the shoulder jets. Not sure what to do either?

Hi Missy:

In the owner's manual it has the water line just under the shoulder jets. Not sure what to do either?

We fill ours til the water is above the shoulder jets b/c we use a floating blanket and if the water line is below the jets, then when the blowers come on at the beginning of each filter cycle, water gets on top of the blanket. As the water evaporates, it drops below those jets and we know it's time to add some more water. We're also tall so we like the water level higher, esp. in cold weather.

Sandi

I filled my spa to the middle of two shoulder jets.....I never did look for any fill line.....

Sandi,

I took your suggestion & purchased a 7 x 7 foam blanket & chemicals as well from rhtubs.com.

Hoping the foam blanket will save on cover life & cut down on chemical usage.

Jeff

Roger,

Do you have data to support that the Sun Peak will only last 5-8 years ?????...

I have seen other high quality, high priced dealer tubs that were headed for the boneyard during that same time frame...

I can buy 3 Infinity Sun Peak tubs to your one high priced dealer tub....

But then, that is hypothetically speaking of course....

Jeff

Roger,

I have seen other high quality, high priced dealer tubs that were headed for the boneyard during that same time frame...

Jeff

Yes my repair data and experience tells me that Infinitys quality is the same as 10 other cookie cutter spa companys out there that come in to the industry build a whole bunch of inexpensive tubs for the mass market using low end components and poor construction. Then fade and dissapear. Only to pop up again to sell another bunch of cheap spas to the masses again. Happened hundreds of times over the years and will continue to happen.

As long as we are looking, what experience and data do you have to support otherwise? I have been around the pool and spa industry for almost 10 years.

An 8000 dollar tub that can, hypothetically last for 20 years would take 3 sun peaks that cost 4000 or is it 3000 now, plus moving and disposal and all the trouble of repair it to get the 6-7 years out of it. Find me an Infinity more than a couple years old!!!!! Ask around. Your the one comparing the Infinity to the higher end tubs and praising there excelence.

I'm the one saying they are nothing more than an inexpensive alternative to the higher end products with some comprimises in quality, lomgevity and dealer support.

All we see here is problem after problem and praise in the same paragraph with that brand. Just like Hydrospa before with Costco.

Roger,

Jeff

Yes my repair data and experience tells me that Infinitys quality is the same as 10 other cookie cutter spa companys out there that come in to the industry build a whole bunch of inexpensive tubs for the mass market using low end components and poor construction. Then fade and dissapear. Only to pop up again to sell another bunch of cheap spas to the masses again. Happened hundreds of times over the years and will continue to happen.

As long as we are looking, what experience and data do you have to support otherwise? I have been around the pool and spa industry for almost 10 years.

An 8000 dollar tub that can, hypothetically last for 20 years would take 3 sun peaks that cost 4000 or is it 3000 now, plus moving and disposal and all the trouble of repair it to get the 6-7 years out of it. Find me an Infinity more than a couple years old!!!!! Ask around. Your the one comparing the Infinity to the higher end tubs and praising there excelence.

I'm the one saying they are nothing more than an inexpensive alternative to the higher end products with some comprimises in quality, lomgevity and dealer support.

All we see here is problem after problem and praise in the same paragraph with that brand. Just like Hydrospa before with Costco.

Roger -

What would be the difference during the first few years between a Infinity & a high end tub?

My own personal view is that the Sun Peak has so much to offer!!

* 46 Jets

* 2 6Hp Pumps

* Ozone

* Waterfall

* Led Lighting

All for $3000.00, and I saved myself $4,000 to $5,000 on not buying a compareable high end tub.

As you say it will only last up to 8 years, which you have no way of proving it would, I would be fine with that because for the price I paid I can turn around & buy another one in 8 years that is more modern at the time and not out dated like my high end tube and still have would have saved $1,000 to $2,000.

Also I had a spa tech come over on Thursday & take the spa from the driveway to the backyard & he had nothing but good things to say about infinity spas. He also said that his friend owns a Costco Infinty, wasn't sure what model and is very happy with it. By the way he is a ceritified tech for Sundance spas and said for me to get a comparable high end tube I would of spent at least $7K through Sundance.

We ran our sunpeak last night and we were very pleased with it!!! Not 1 problem, it came with everything and everything works great.

Roger -

What would be the difference during the first few years between a Infinity & a high end tub?

My own personal view is that the Sun Peak has so much to offer!!

* 46 Jets

* 2 6Hp Pumps

* Ozone

* Waterfall

* Led Lighting

All for $3000.00, and I saved myself $4,000 to $5,000 on not buying a compareable high end tub.

As you say it will only last up to 8 years, which you have no way of proving it would, I would be fine with that because for the price I paid I can turn around & buy another one in 8 years that is more modern at the time and not out dated like my high end tube and still have would have saved $1,000 to $2,000.

Also I had a spa tech come over on Thursday & take the spa from the driveway to the backyard & he had nothing but good things to say about infinity spas. He also said that his friend owns a Costco Infinty, wasn't sure what model and is very happy with it. By the way he is a ceritified tech for Sundance spas and said for me to get a comparable high end tube I would of spent at least $7K through Sundance.

We ran our sunpeak last night and we were very pleased with it!!! Not 1 problem, it came with everything and everything works great.

I said 5 to 8 years...and you shall see. Is it worth it to purchase 2-3 spas to last as long? Only you can answer that question as the problems mount over the years. Find me an owner who has had an Infinity for 5 years or more and lets see what they think!

Please stick around for the next 4-5 years and keep us informed. Most dissapear off the radar in a year or so.

I will let you know.....

I will be around in a year & hopefully in 5 to 8 years as well.....

Roger, anyone can search the threads here & find problems with every single type of tub ever manufactured....Even the the high priced tubs have problems.......

It is all in the warranty, & service after the sale.....or self service in my case as fixing hot tubs is not rocket science....let's see jets, tubing, glue, pumps, control system, ozonator, filter, etc....etc...

Dont get me wrong....I am not belittling the spa service & repair industry.....The average do-it-yourselfer can fix these jetted bathtubs. Just takes a little knowledge & common sense...

Jeff

I will let you know.....

I will be around in a year & hopefully in 5 to 8 years as well.....

Roger, anyone can search the threads here & find problems with every single type of tub ever manufactured....Even the the high priced tubs have problems.......

It is all in the warranty, & service after the sale.....or self service in my case as fixing hot tubs is not rocket science....let's see jets, tubing, glue, pumps, control system, ozonator, filter, etc....etc...

Dont get me wrong....I am not belittling the spa service & repair industry.....The average do-it-yourselfer can fix these jetted bathtubs. Just takes a little knowledge & common sense...

Jeff

There is absolutly no reason why the average doityourselfer can't service a hot tub, they are very simple pieces of plumbing. But you would be amazed at how many people can't fix them. But that is not my point, to many times a non doityourselfer thinks they are getting the same tub as a higherend product for less money, only to be dissapointed down the road.

Jeff

I've always stated that this type spa is really best served in the hands of a DIYer. If you're not a DIYer I would not suggest this route. Their quality/longevity may not be great but the price is enticing and the spa can work for you as long as you understand that YOU will be the service person in most regards. Most people don't want to deal with that but you obviously have no issue with it.

But Infinity will deal with it & honor their 1 yr warrty on labor.....after that, if the need arises, I am the whirlpool guru......These tubs are not hard to fix with everything exposed.....I will agree the efficiency of these Sun Peak spas is not there.....due to lack of insulation.... Quality of construction is also minimal.......nothing that a little extra plywood & good quality pre-treated support braces & foam wont take care of.... it is easy to improve upon these specs of this tub by a DIY'er....

What a pain in the ass with full foam tubs if something should go wrong outside of warrty......

What a pain in the ass with full foam tubs if something should go wrong outside of warrty......

The equipment area on a high end full foam tub is layed out so much neater and cleaner than a low end tub I am not sure why you would state the above. 99.9 percent of my repairs are in the equipment bay!! Unless your talking about the .1 percent of the repairs that are in the foam, but for a good tech.......cake walk, hot knife and poof foam gone!

Okay we have our infinity up and running and love it. I am curious about two things. There are 3 "grills" that suck toward the bottom of the tub. Pretty sure they are for the pumps. One sucks great, beyond great, one sucks ok, and the third sucks barely. Should I be worried? Should I call Infinity? Do these have anything to do with filtration system? Also my water is clear my alkaline is about 80-90 ppm, my PH is about 7.4. and my chlorine levels are just right too all explaining my clear water. However, when I get in and turn the jets on it gets super cloudy. It takes about an hour after we get out for it to return to to clear. What would cause this? Is it normal? One last thing, I have read somehere (maybe even the Infinity manual) that water clarifiers should not be used if you have an ozonator. Are they safe though? Will it damage my ozonator?

P.s. One more question, I forgot to put that spa gloss on my shell, is it crucial?

My suction drains operate the same way...nothing to worry about....

By turning on the air control valves, you are injecting air (aerating ) in the water....I will cloud the water a little bit......

The ozonator turns on during the filtration cycle......the ozonator produces ozone gas which passes thru a tube & mixes with the water....jet that it is coming out of is the middle of the 3 jets done in the footwell in center of tub.....next time the tub filters, look there are you will see tiny bubbles coming from this jet.....you will notice that you can not turn this particular jet off.....it is meant to stay open always for the ozonator.....it is perfectly fine to use chlorinating granules & to use a non-cholorine shock (oxidizer ) as well....It will not hurt the ozonator at all

Spa gloss.....when you change water in 3-4 months....that can be the time to wipe clean & shine her up...

Dont think you need to call Infinity, but call them if you want self assurance......

Hope this helps...

Jeff

Yes my repair data and experience tells me that Infinitys quality is the same as 10 other cookie cutter spa companys out there that come in to the industry build a whole bunch of inexpensive tubs for the mass market using low end components and poor construction.

Roger -

How many Infinity Hot Tubs have you actually repaired in your 10 years of being around the pool and spa industry?

Ken

Yes my repair data and experience tells me that Infinitys quality is the same as 10 other cookie cutter spa companys out there that come in to the industry build a whole bunch of inexpensive tubs for the mass market using low end components and poor construction.

Roger -

How many Infinity Hot Tubs have you actually repaired in your 10 years of being around the pool and spa industry?

Ken

They are a cookie cutter mass produced tub just like the hundreds of others out there. I do not have to see the insides to know that they are the same. And if I opened an equipment area to an Infinity Hot Tub I am absolutly positive that I would be right. Besides yours how many different brands have you taken the equipment cover off of and tore apart Ken? I have done Hydrospa and Keys....they are the same as Infinity. Inexpensive Balboa Controls and whatever pump and pump motor flavor they got the best deal on that particular buy period. Same with Plumbing and jets...all the same. If it's any consulation...nothing proprietory and that is a positive, makes parts easy to get and interchange.