How Much Care Does It Really Need

I seem to know a bunch of people who do not go out to their spa for weeks. My brother for one who is giving me his spa. He would let's weeks or even months go by without doing anything. Then he will just shock it when he wants to use it. Will this ruin the spa? What bad things can he expect from this?

I seem to know a bunch of people who do not go out to their spa for weeks. My brother for one who is giving me his spa. He would let's weeks or even months go by without doing anything. Then he will just shock it when he wants to use it. Will this ruin the spa? What bad things can he expect from this?

Bugs growing in the tub and PH going out of range which does major damage that is visable and not visable. Over time you will start replacing tub part by part. Jets, pillows, heater, pump seals, wet ends, plumbing cracks and failures amoung other issues. On a thermospa you want to be real careful of ph because some of the jets they use are not like most other companies jets/housings. If this goes bad, the tub will leak. We just replumbed an entire thermospa for someone for this reason.

The only thing I noticed so far is the many of the jets are stained a yellowish brown color.

I am assuming there is no way to clean this right?

I just ordered the pipe cleaner chemical from THermospas. I will use it once I get it up and running.

I would first suggest you stop purchasing from thermospa, go to your local dealer, purchase from them, you will spend the same or less and have a person you can talk directly to about your issues.

As far as the staining, it depends what caused the stains, it it probabley wont come out. You can try removing the jets and putting them into a bucket with the cleaning solution that you are using to clean the spa shell, or with the pipe cleaner you are getting from thermo.

• 5 weeks later...
The only thing I noticed so far is the many of the jets are stained a yellowish brown color.

I am assuming there is no way to clean this right?

I just ordered the pipe cleaner chemical from THermospas. I will use it once I get it up and running.

I would first suggest you stop purchasing from thermospa, go to your local dealer, purchase from them, you will spend the same or less and have a person you can talk directly to about your issues.

As far as the staining, it depends what caused the stains, it it probabley wont come out. You can try removing the jets and putting them into a bucket with the cleaning solution that you are using to clean the spa shell, or with the pipe cleaner you are getting from thermo.

I've had good luck getting out those kinds of stains with baking soda.