Jacuzzi J-345 Vs Beachcomber 550x

We are looking to buy our first hot tub and we would like some opinions.

We live in Canada and our choice is between Jacuzzi J-345 vs Beachcomber 550x, both have similar price.

We find the Jacuzzi looks nicer and is comfortable, but the beachcomber seems a little bit more comfortable but both covers our needs on these two aspects. Other aspects might help us decide such as energy cost, reliability ect..

Any comments to help us? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking to buy our first hot tub and we would like some opinions.

We live in Canada and our choice is between Jacuzzi J-345 vs Beachcomber 550x, both have similar price.

We find the Jacuzzi looks nicer and is comfortable, but the beachcomber seems a little bit more comfortable but both covers our needs on these two aspects. Other aspects might help us decide such as energy cost, reliability ect..

Any comments to help us? :blink:

I am the owner of the Jacuzzi Dealership in Calgary, Alberta so I'm sure you know which hot tub I'll recommend, but before I do let me also mention that I started my career with Beachcomber hot tubs (many years ago) and I remain in close contact with many members of Beachcomber's organization.

My first question to you is- have you wet-tested both machines? If not, I would recommend wet-testing both machines prior to making your decision. This will help you decide which machine is right for you more clearly than any opinion from anyone else.

Cleaner Water

The Jacuzzi J-345 has better filtration capabilities because it comes standard with 120 sq. ft. of filtration- this translates into cleaner water for you. Beachcomber comes standard with a single 25 sq. ft. generic filter.

More Comfortable Jets

The Jacuzzi J-345 comes equipped with "Jacuzzi patented" ProClear jets that are designed to provide you with more effective massage. Beachcomber comes equipped with generic "off the shelf" jets.

I also believe that you should have a strong belief in your local dealers reputation and ability to provide you with the advice and service you will need once you start to use your hot tub.

Good Luck in finding the best hot tub to suit you and your families needs!

All The Best!

Darren Jordison G.M.

Jacuzzi Premium Spas of Calgary

403-237-8772

We wet tested both brands of spas and both had their own positives but they just did not fit. We found the Jacuzzi brand to be more economical for the features that you received. We would have bought either spa but they did not fit right. Both spas our very well built good quality spas that have great jets.

You have to wet test to be sure.

just to muddy the waters here is another Canadian brand

http://www.pacificspas.ca/index.htm

good luck

We wet tested both brands of spas and both had their own positives but they just did not fit. We found the Jacuzzi brand to be more economical for the features that you received. We would have bought either spa but they did not fit right. Both spas our very well built good quality spas that have great jets.

You have to wet test to be sure.

just to muddy the waters here is another Canadian brand

http://www.pacificspas.ca/index.htm

good luck

Pacific Spas are very similar to Beachcomber in that they use generic filtration and generic jets- Jacuzzi jets and filtration are definitely more effective. I agree with you about one thing- Wet-Test to determine comfort.

The other similarity between beachcomber and pacific is you can swap jets of the same diameter back and forth. This is a good feature if you have a deep muscle ache and you want to switch the pulsating jet for the deep muscle blaster jet.

The jacuzzi and pacific tubs both had great 2 speed pumps that were very quiet. The jacuzzi definately offered one of the better massages but did not have the sport jet package that the Pacific did. If the jacuzzi fit we would probably have bought it.

As we have both said before wet test. you have picked 2 good spas and make your decision after the wet test.

Well look what the cat dragged in! Darren! Buddy! Long time my friend!

Darren operates a fantastic Jacuzzi store in Calgary and if I lived there, I'd work for the man!

That said, as a previous Beachcomber guy too, both spas offer great comfort, therapy, filtration and efficiency and each has their own selling features. A lot of the buying decision comes down to the quality of the individual dealer and Darren is the best in Calgary IMO!

Steve

srsb@shaw.ca