Seattle Newbie - Hotsprings Vs. Caldera ?

cider

hey folks,

first-time spa buyer in seattle, the two that have caught my eye are the hot springs vanguard (about $9500) and the caldera hawaiian (haven't got a local quote on it yet, but it looks like around $6000?)... i like the moto-massage feature of the vanguard, but don't know if it's the sort of thing that i would find "gimmicky" after a few months of use...

anyone have any pros/cons of these tubs, or think one is a huge mistake? or heck, have comparable tubs to suggest?

thanks very much!

Hello and welcome. First, since you're new, let me say that I'm a dealer. I sell both of the brands you are looking at, so I can give you some insight from a person who knows them, fixes them, likes them, but can't sell to you.

They both are made by Watkins manufacturing. There are plenty of simularities, and plenty of differences.

The Caldera generally have more power, and you can shut off some jets to make it even more potent in the remaining jets. HotSpring doesn't do that.

The Moto Massage has been around for 25 years or more, so I would say it is more than a fad. Will you enjoy it in the years to come? Can't say. Most do. I like it, and even though I could put Caldera, Tiger River, Limelight (new line from HotSpring), Hot Spot and Solana spas in my backyard, the Moto keeps me coming back to HotSpring. In fact I was just talking about trying a new Limelight this time and my wife mentioned the Moto.

A wet test is in order! Take your suit, towell and go soak in the two spas. If your dealer doesn't have the exact model full, try one which is similar and you'll get the idea.

Let your backsid decide.

B)

Thanks Chas - good call.

I actually am going to go get into both tubs tomorrow, so hopefully that will help me sort it out :)

Hello and welcome. First, since you're new, let me say that I'm a dealer. I sell both of the brands you are looking at, so I can give you some insight from a person who knows them, fixes them, likes them, but can't sell to you.

They both are made by Watkins manufacturing. There are plenty of simularities, and plenty of differences.

The Caldera generally have more power, and you can shut off some jets to make it even more potent in the remaining jets. HotSpring doesn't do that.

The Moto Massage has been around for 25 years or more, so I would say it is more than a fad. Will you enjoy it in the years to come? Can't say. Most do. I like it, and even though I could put Caldera, Tiger River, Limelight (new line from HotSpring), Hot Spot and Solana spas in my backyard, the Moto keeps me coming back to HotSpring. In fact I was just talking about trying a new Limelight this time and my wife mentioned the Moto.

A wet test is in order! Take your suit, towell and go soak in the two spas. If your dealer doesn't have the exact model full, try one which is similar and you'll get the idea.

Let your backsid decide.

B)

Let your backside decide.

B)

Good advice, and I like that line...I may use that today. :D

So sorry Dan, but I have applied for a patent, trade mark and copyright on that saying.

You may, however, say it like this -

"As Chas, the award-winning HotSpring Spa dealer in Ventura, Ca always says...

Let your backside decide."

That way we're all happy.

B)

And there will be a small percentage involved....