Fiberglass Pool Installer In Ct

Duke

• 2 years later...
stay away from Diamond Pools in Shelton CT.

I agree. They touted how quick the install would be and how they only work one job at a time. That was not the truth. Mine was started in April and I was told I'd be swimming that spring. The job took until September after much additional invoicing for excavating extras. I was very patient with them in hopes the job would get done right. Well, they never properly leveled my pool. I have a pool/spa combo and it does not flow correctly because of it. I have to improvise the water level to make it work correctly. The shallow deck built into my pool shell as well as the spa actually were allowed to sink low. When I was given the word that the pool was finished I gave the ok to the concrete company to start pouring the concrete around it. Once I started walking around the patio after it dried I noticed how badly off kilter the pool shell was. When I pointed it out to the contractor his response was I should have told him before I allowed the concrete company to do their thing. I WAS TOLD THE POOL WAS FINISHED!! They are supposed to be the experts. Now if I want it fixed I have to rip up my stamped concrete patio which will cost a fortune. Also, they did not take the time and care to prepare the ground properly before setting the filter equipment. Shortly after, the plastic platforms they used have sunken into the ground and all runoff water in that area goes toward my equipment. The ground should have at least been tamped down solid. If you use Diamond Pools be prepared to supervise the job very very closely if you want it done right. In my case they did not take it upon themselves to do so. Needless to say I wasn't asked to fill out one of those customer satisfaction surveys that they bring to all their sales pitches.

• 2 weeks later...
stay away from Diamond Pools in Shelton CT.

I agree. They touted how quick the install would be and how they only work one job at a time. That was not the truth. Mine was started in April and I was told I'd be swimming that spring. The job took until September after much additional invoicing for excavating extras. I was very patient with them in hopes the job would get done right. Well, they never properly leveled my pool. I have a pool/spa combo and it does not flow correctly because of it. I have to improvise the water level to make it work correctly. The shallow deck built into my pool shell as well as the spa actually were allowed to sink low. When I was given the word that the pool was finished I gave the ok to the concrete company to start pouring the concrete around it. Once I started walking around the patio after it dried I noticed how badly off kilter the pool shell was. When I pointed it out to the contractor his response was I should have told him before I allowed the concrete company to do their thing. I WAS TOLD THE POOL WAS FINISHED!! They are supposed to be the experts. Now if I want it fixed I have to rip up my stamped concrete patio which will cost a fortune. Also, they did not take the time and care to prepare the ground properly before setting the filter equipment. Shortly after, the plastic platforms they used have sunken into the ground and all runoff water in that area goes toward my equipment. The ground should have at least been tamped down solid. If you use Diamond Pools be prepared to supervise the job very very closely if you want it done right. In my case they did not take it upon themselves to do so. Needless to say I wasn't asked to fill out one of those customer satisfaction surveys that they bring to all their sales pitches.

So what are they willing to do for you? If nothing, what are you going to do? Have you filed any complaints with the Dept. of Consumer protection?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Greetings Connecticut Families:

My name is Julie Dugan and I serve Connecticut for Cherry Hill Pool & Spa www.CherryHillPool.com We proudly install Viking brand fiberglass pools in MA, NH, RI and CT and are the only National Award Winning fiberglass pool company in New England with a full service department and 100% client satisfaction record.

If you have any questions or would like a brochure mailed to you or a site evaluation, please contact me at your convenience.

Right now, we are completing an installation in Suffield. Last month we installed in Plantsville and prior to that in Meriden. We will gladly provide references in your area - JUST ASK!

Julie Dugan

Cherry Hill Pool & Spa

(508) 248-0048 - Office

(401) 487-9773 - Cell

julie@cherryhillpool.com

Hold on there Julie....the only national award winning company in new england??..100% customer satisfaction??...Frankly, the only pool I have seen you recognized for in a national magazine was more about the stonework that was done around your pool( which a trained eye could see that was NOT LEVEL!!) so before you go tooting your horn on forum sites like this , you better be prepared to back all of that talk up. DO YOUR HOMEWORK CONSUMERS!!! Don't believe everything you hear on these sites, including what I say.. and always remember..."Free advice is only worth the price you pay for it"

"Hold on there Julie....the only national award winning company in new england??..100% customer satisfaction??...Frankly, the only pool I have seen you recognized for in a national magazine was more about the stonework that was done around your pool( which a trained eye could see that was NOT LEVEL!!) so before you go tooting your horn on forum sites like this , you better be prepared to back all of that talk up. DO YOUR HOMEWORK CONSUMERS!!! Don't believe everything you hear on these sites, including what I say.. and always remember..."Free advice is only worth the price you pay for it"

"

Hey there Pool Dude - As a member of pool industry, you should know that green is not a good color for you. ;)

"Hold on there Julie....the only national award winning company in new england??..100% customer satisfaction??...Frankly, the only pool I have seen you recognized for in a national magazine was more about the stonework that was done around your pool( which a trained eye could see that was NOT LEVEL!!) so before you go tooting your horn on forum sites like this , you better be prepared to back all of that talk up. DO YOUR HOMEWORK CONSUMERS!!! Don't believe everything you hear on these sites, including what I say.. and always remember..."Free advice is only worth the price you pay for it"

"

Hey there Pool Dude - As a member of pool industry, you should know that green is not a good color for you. ;)

Hey Julie..if you are refering to envy....trust me, it's not an issue here. But hey, if it works for you..run with it..I hear it is self leveling!!!

• 10 months later...