2001 Hot Springs Jetsetter "no-heat" Diagnostics

blindrid

Any help on steps to diagnose a no-heat on a 2001 Hot Springs Jetsetter. It has a No-Fault 6000 heater. Control board shows the heater is "on". It appears the reset button on the heater does not need reset. The plastic cover over the button only allows it to depress so much so I'm guessing that is fine. Circ pump seems to operate as it should.

If you are familiar with them, there is not a lot of room in the compartment. Any help or steps would be appreciated.

Any help on steps to diagnose a no-heat on a 2001 Hot Springs Jetsetter. It has a No-Fault 6000 heater. Control board shows the heater is "on". It appears the reset button on the heater does not need reset. The plastic cover over the button only allows it to depress so much so I'm guessing that is fine. Circ pump seems to operate as it should.

If you are familiar with them, there is not a lot of room in the compartment. Any help or steps would be appreciated.

Your heater has a separate breaker. First confirm that it hasn't tripped.

I have power at the board. If you are talking about a circuit breaker at the panel, it is a 30A GFCI which i checked. Did not trip.

I have power at the board. If you are talking about a circuit breaker at the panel, it is a 30A GFCI which i checked. Did not trip.

Where do you have power at the board...where the power comes in? Make sure that you have 220volts (if the tub is set up 220volts) at the heater relay board where the heater wires are attached to. If not you need to replace the heater relay board. If so then:

Kill power.

Take the heater leads off from the board and check the heater for continuity. It should give you a reading of 9.0 - 12.0 ohms or somewhere around there. If it reads 'OL' (open line) or 0 then it's no good. Also, make sure you take a screw driver or something similar and punch right through that tape covering the high limit button and try resetting it again.

Where do you have power at the board...where the power comes in? Make sure that you have 220volts (if the tub is set up 220volts) at the heater relay board where the heater wires are attached to. If not you need to replace the heater relay board. If so then:

Kill power.

Take the heater leads off from the board and check the heater for continuity. It should give you a reading of 9.0 - 12.0 ohms or somewhere around there. If it reads 'OL' (open line) or 0 then it's no good. Also, make sure you take a screw driver or something similar and punch right through that tape covering the high limit button and try resetting it again.

Power coming in. Can't say I looked at the board but where is the relay board located? (I know stupid question) Thanks.

Kill power.

Power coming in. Can't say I looked at the board but where is the relay board located? (I know stupid question) Thanks.

Shut power off.

Open the IQ2020 black control box. Follow the cord from the heater up to where it enters the control box. Once it enters the control box it breaks off into 3 lines (black,white, green) and those attach to the 'heater relay'.

Again, make sure power is off , pull the wires off the relay...turn power back on and check to see if you have 220 volts at those relay terminals that you just took the black and white heater wires off from.

If not, you need to replace that whole left side circuit board.

You can also visually check to see if there are any black burn marks around or on the back side of that relay.

Kill power.

Did you try this from the post above yet. If the heater reads 'open' then it is shot.

If there is voltage going to the heater, then all of the safeties (thermistors, high limits, etc) are satisfied. If the heater was any good then it would heat. Sounds like it's dead.

• 11 years later...