Putting Salt In Pool

mudrider

how do you put solar salt in the agp?? just pour and stir? my pool manual advises against salt in the bottom of the poolas it may eat up the liner. can i put some in the skimmer and let it dissolve that way through the pump or is that a no-no? i am having a hard time finding pool salt as: 1) it is early in the season here, and 2) lot of the pool and spa stores are disappearing via bankrupty or foreclosure due to the market and economy. any help would be appreciated.

You can put it in skimmer box, it will mix quicker, just don't dump it all at once

Although i don't see why you wouldn't put it in a pool, provided you don't have a large pile of salt sitting in one spot.

Just spread it evenly along the walls and stir it well. Be careful not to puncture your liner with whatever you'll be using for stirring.

• 2 months later...

We just set up a saltwater system in our new 15x30 AGP and had to add about 300 lbs of salt. We put ours directly into the pool, but tried to scatter it around so it wasn't in a big pile. My Hubby went around with the pool vacuum head (no hose) and pushed it around to get it moving. It didn't take too long to break down and the pool looked back to normal in a few hours.

Hope this helps.

how do you put solar salt in the agp?? just pour and stir? my pool manual advises against salt in the bottom of the poolas it may eat up the liner. can i put some in the skimmer and let it dissolve that way through the pump or is that a no-no? i am having a hard time finding pool salt as: 1) it is early in the season here, and 2) lot of the pool and spa stores are disappearing via bankrupty or foreclosure due to the market and economy. any help would be appreciated.

When I add salt I use the leaf net without the pole. I just stand on the end of the leaf net, fill with salt and hold in front of water return for a few minutes to dissolve the salt.

When I add salt I use the leaf net without the pole. I just stand on the end of the leaf net, fill with salt and hold in front of water return for a few minutes to dissolve the salt.

As it was mentioned above, the proper technique is to add the salt around the perimeter of the pool. The next step would be to distribute the salt on the bottom of the pool floor. The idea is to move the salt around so as to dilute it. I use the scubber which is the brush and I just move the salt back and forth. Again, try to dilute the salt as much as possible. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...