Calspa In Heavy Finnish Winter Conditions

Roope

Hi,

We are thinking about purchasing a Calspa Avalon A857/L. It would be one of the first Calspa delivered to Finland, that's why I am asking you for opinions on the spa in heavy winter conditions.

- Experiences of the Calspa in extreme -25 Celsius (-13 Farenheit). Does it maintain the heat. Is the casing and cover insulation sufficient in these conditions? -25 is extreme where we live, but during the winter months it could reach so low for a week or two, sometimes even lower.

- Experiences on energy consumption during such cold conditions? Can the spa be kept heated or should it be emptied?

- The Spa is sold to us as the best insulated spa on the market with Thinsulate insulation. Opinions on this.

- Any other opinion on the A857/L

The outdoors portable spa thing is quite new in Finland and it is not easy to get opinions on them here, would appreciate any input.

BR

Robert

Hi,

We are thinking about purchasing a Calspa Avalon A857/L. It would be one of the first Calspa delivered to Finland, that's why I am asking you for opinions on the spa in heavy winter conditions.

- Experiences of the Calspa in extreme -25 Celsius (-13 Farenheit). Does it maintain the heat. Is the casing and cover insulation sufficient in these conditions? -25 is extreme where we live, but during the winter months it could reach so low for a week or two, sometimes even lower.

- Experiences on energy consumption during such cold conditions? Can the spa be kept heated or should it be emptied?

- The Spa is sold to us as the best insulated spa on the market with Thinsulate insulation. Opinions on this.

The outdoors portable spa thing is quite new in Finland and it is not easy to get opinions on them here, would appreciate any input.

BR

Robert

Thinsulate????? I think thin insulation is more like it. Calspa is getting btter and building there reputation but.....There are several tubs IMO that are better for severe cold and longevity.

I take care of an A857B that I sold to a friend in 06. I will say it is advisable to insulate the back panel of the spa since there is a big open cavity from having to house pump #3 the waterfall line is also exposed. We had Minus 45 Celsius for basically a whole week a couple weeks ago and it faired fine. Since he has had the tub the board caught fire(first week) pump# 2 died this weekend one of the clamped hoses from the circ pump blew off drained half the tub & now pump #1 sounds like there's an internal issue so that will have to be replaced. Other than that it works fine until I right my wrong take that tub on trade and give him something much better.

Roope, have you seen your tub upclose??? if not I can post pics for you so you can see what I mean. If your going to buy a Cal i would really recommend a tub from the Classic Series like Atlantic. I never heard a peep about issues from the customers who bought tubs out of the Classic series.

I take care of an A857B that I sold to a friend in 06. I will say it is advisable to insulate the back panel of the spa since there is a big open cavity from having to house pump #3 the waterfall line is also exposed. We had Minus 45 Celsius for basically a whole week a couple weeks ago and it faired fine. Since he has had the tub the board caught fire(first week) pump# 2 died this weekend one of the clamped hoses from the circ pump blew off drained half the tub & now pump #1 sounds like there's an internal issue so that will have to be replaced. Other than that it works fine until I right my wrong take that tub on trade and give him something much better.

Roope, have you seen your tub upclose??? if not I can post pics for you so you can see what I mean. If your going to buy a Cal i would really recommend a tub from the Classic Series like Atlantic. I never heard a peep about issues from the customers who bought tubs out of the Classic series.

Thanks for your comments. I haven't seen the spa upclose, would be great if you could post some pictures. Have to check out the Classic series to see if there is something that would suit our needs.

Thanks for your comments. I haven't seen the spa upclose, would be great if you could post some pictures. Have to check out the Classic series to see if there is something that would suit our needs.

Or see if there are any other brand options in your area.

Hi,

BR

Robert

Do you have a Costco Near you? Calspa is going to sell threw them. its a full foam spa with a thicker cover..hottuboc.com