Need Help Choosing A Corner Spa

Hi to Everyone - I'm new here! I tried to go back and read past posts about corner spas, but I could not find too many.

Here are my questions. I definitely want a corner spa for a very small deck. I prefer a 3 person spa as opposed to a 2 person spa. I already have the 220 line run, so it needs to run on 220. I looked at a Marquis Rendezvous at a local showroom, and it seemed to fit the bill. The price seemed a little steep, tho, at $4600 delivered plus tax.

Are there any better options out there? I checked tons of web sites, and now I'm more confused than ever.

Do you think that price for the Marquis is OK? I tried to negotiate, but it didn't work.

And what about these less expensive corner spas that go under various names from places like Home Depot, BJ's Wholesale Club, and Sam's Club? Apparently they are all made by Keys Backyard, but come with nothing but a snap-on soft cover, which won't do me much good where I live. I'm on the bay in the northeast, where we get lots of cold weather, and whipping winds.

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

The Marquis Rendezvous was one of the first corner spas on the market, and so far the best I've seen out there. Although the Home Depot and Wal Mart knock offs look similar, the quality is not even close to being the same. Open up the access panel and you will see a poorly plumbed spa, no insulation, and a shell that is so thin you can see through it when it's bright outside.

The Rendezvous is going to have a much better warranty. 10 year structure, 7 year shell surface, 5 year plumbing & equipment. All parts & labor included!

$4-5000 is the going rate for them in all parts of the country, you might ask your dealer if they have any promotions coming up. You can also print off a $200 coupon off of the Marquis Spas website.

No problem.

Go to: http://www.marquisspas.com and click on "Exclusive Web Offer" in the upper left hand corner. You will have to enter some information, but after you do that you can print out a $200 off coupon.

Thanks for the coupon info. I've printed it out. Any other recommendations from anyone on purchasing a small corner spa? How about the Sundance Tacoma?

No problem.

Go to: http://www.marquisspas.com and click on "Exclusive Web Offer" in the upper left hand corner. You will have to enter some information, but after you do that you can print out a $200 off coupon.

Thanks for the coupon info. I've printed it out. Any other recommendations from anyone on purchasing a small corner spa? How about the Sundance Tacoma?

Have you checked out the 4 person (actually 3 comfortably) corner spa. Don't think price wise will be much different but it is a real nice tub. Quality built and great insulation for the northeast. www.clearwaterspas.com I would stay away from the box store 3 person tub. For what you save in $$ now it wil cost you to heat and repair in the future.

Are you speaking of the Clearwater Spa Quartet? It looks a little larger than what I've seen, but it may work. I emailed for dealer info, but do you know who sells them in NJ? Thanks!

It is the Quartet I was talking about. I know there is a dealer in New Jersey, not sure who it is, but they pull tubs from the same warehouse in CT that we do. They should email you back or you can try calling them after (they are there after noon) and they can help you also. They have been a great tub line for us.

Have you looked into The Free Flow Spas....They have a corner tub called Crossfire 2-3 person tub with 2 waterfalls,17 jets,110/220 convertable and balboa board. And good price as well. They have a 5x7 Accent that seats 3-4 that is great as well that I personaly have at my house now that has a nice lounger as well.Check out these tubs and great prices for tubs starting $2,960. up to $4,415. for the 7 person tub. :D

Have you looked into The Free Flow Spas....They have a corner tub called Crossfire 2-3 person tub with 2 waterfalls,17 jets,110/220 convertable and balboa board. And good price as well. They have a 5x7 Accent that seats 3-4 that is great as well that I personaly have at my house now that has a nice lounger as well.Check out these tubs and great prices for tubs starting $2,960. up to $4,415. for the 7 person tub. :D

Thanks for the info on the Free Flow Spas. I've never heard of this brand, but the Crossfire looks like what I'm looking for. I emailed them to see if there's a dealer in NJ, but haven't gotten a response yet.

What else do you know about this brand?

Are you speaking of the Clearwater Spa Quartet? It looks a little larger than what I've seen, but it may work. I emailed for dealer info, but do you know who sells them in NJ? Thanks!

It is the Quartet I was talking about. I know there is a dealer in New Jersey, not sure who it is, but they pull tubs from the same warehouse in CT that we do. They should email you back or you can try calling them after (they are there after noon) and they can help you also. They have been a great tub line for us.

It doesn't look like the Clearwater Spas have full foam insulation, do they? Is that a problem for the northeast weather? That's one of the reasons I decided to stay away from the cheaper, big box stores spas. I haven't gotten a reply from Clearwater stating if there is a dealer in NJ.

It doesn't look like the Clearwater Spas have full foam insulation, do they? Is that a problem for the northeast weather? That's one of the reasons I decided to stay away from the cheaper, big box stores spas. I haven't gotten a reply from Clearwater stating if there is a dealer in NJ.

That is a matter of debate regading the thermal pane method of insulation. If you do go thermal pane it better be form a maker than does it well because too many of them have a cute marketing name for their thermal pane insulation method but less than stellar results. I'm not familair with Clearwater to say so if you do find a local CW dealer ask how long they've been around so you know if they've stood the test of time in an area like yours where the weather is less than kind (I'm from Upstate NY so I know).

That is a matter of debate regading the thermal pane method of insulation. If you do go thermal pane it better be form a maker than does it well because too many of them have a cute marketing name for their thermal pane insulation method but less than stellar results. I'm not familair with Clearwater to say so if you do find a local CW dealer ask how long they've been around so you know if they've stood the test of time in an area like yours where the weather is less than kind (I'm from Upstate NY so I know).

Clearwater has been around for 30+ years. The have passed the california energy tests. I live in NH and it costs me about 35-40 dollars a month to run my tub in the winter, I have a 500 gallon tub set at 104. The insulation is great, a lot thicker panel than most others I have seen and they use a 5 to 4 cover. Service is easy because there is no full foam to deal with and they have actually done testing and published the results and are more effcient than full foam units. I talked to clearwater at the Atlantic City spa show, they have 3 dealers in NJ. Give them a call and they will tell you their dealer that is closest to you. 425-483-1877

they have actually done testing and published the results and are more effcient than full foam units.

Everyone's testing says theirs is best so I don't put a lot of stock in that. That is not a knock on CW though because I don't know them so I'm certainly not commenting on whether they're one of the thremal panes that does perform well.

they have actually done testing and published the results and are more effcient than full foam units.

Everyone's testing says theirs is best so I don't put a lot of stock in that. That is not a knock on CW though because I don't know them so I'm certainly not commenting on whether they're one of the thremal panes that does perform well.

Very true, everyone does tend to say theirs is the best, but I can say personally, that our tub is very effcient and I have had no customer complaints about the electric use, they all seem very happy. I did have one customer that the cabinet was not buttoned up as tight as it should have been, small gap on front panel and they were losing heat. We addressed this and no longer an issue. Also as a service center, it makes serving sooo much easier. Our Leisure Bay line has a much thinner foam board and it costs quite a bit more to run this tub, allthough they are addressing this issue by putting on a 2 inch layer of 2 lb foam on the shell. We will see how this does.

Thanks to several suggestions and emails from other forum members, I am now looking into the Free Flow Crossfire. Does anyone else have any experience with Free Flow spas? They look like they have all the basics I'm looking for, and they seem to be a littles less expensive. There is a dealer about 30 minutes from here, but they don't have a Crossfire on display. How do I buy a spa when I can't see it in person?

Thanks to several suggestions and emails from other forum members, I am now looking into the Free Flow Crossfire. Does anyone else have any experience with Free Flow spas? They look like they have all the basics I'm looking for, and they seem to be a littles less expensive. There is a dealer about 30 minutes from here, but they don't have a Crossfire on display. How do I buy a spa when I can't see it in person?

Don't (IMO)

Don't (IMO)

weigh quality/warranty ect to price difference since in their own words they are an entry level spa. One year warranty on the plumbing in a full foam unit could be costly in the near future...Are you looking for a entry level spa or one that will have many years of use? Just thoughts to keep in mind when seaching for a tub.

Thanks for all the info. I took "the plunge" and purchased the Marquis Rendezvous today. I decided to spend a little more money and go for the quality. I'd rather drive my Corvette than a Yugo any day. It won't be installed for a few weeks yet - I'm waiting for my deck to be completed. I'll let you all know how I like it.

Thanks for all the info. I took "the plunge" and purchased the Marquis Rendezvous today. I decided to spend a little more money and go for the quality. I'd rather drive my Corvette than a Yugo any day. It won't be installed for a few weeks yet - I'm waiting for my deck to be completed. I'll let you all know how I like it.

I am pretty sure that Marquis and Freeflow both use Balboa equipment and Aqua Flow pumps so, the extra money you paid was just for the extra warranty. Freeflow is classified as "entry level" because of its price points and its basic features. It is not the spa you want if you like extras such as stereo systems, TV's, etc. If Marquis and Freeflow both use comparable components, why would Freeflow be described as a yugo? Sounds like someone (Markee) is feeding you misinformation. Anyway, it is apparent that I will need to review these boards more often to offer a balanced point of view. Regardless, enjoy your purchase, Marquis is a great spa.