Any Advice On Tub Brands?

roseya

Hi all,

I'm purchasing my first tub, looking mainly for back/shoulder/neck therapy for two primary users (but big enough for the friends that I'm sure will want to join). Live close to several dealers and have been making the rounds to see what lines they carry and what they're all about.

After evaluating what we know about the dealers (from they're reputatons and talking with them), we've narrowed it down to several brands (but still have a lot to consider!) and am very interested in other's experience/knowledge of these brands: Catalina, Master Spas, Dimension One, Jaccuzi, Marquis and Emerald. Checking out Four Winds tomorow.

Although the list is long, any advice? Planning to wet test some of these to see what feels right, but just want to get a sense of the brand name reputations if anyone has an opinion to share.

Thanks, Roseya

Roseya,

I don't own yet, but I've been looking for about 3 or 4 months. I frequent this and other forums. Of the spas you mentioned, the ones that consistently get the most praise are D1, Jaccuzi & Marquis. Others you hear a lot of raves about include Hot Spring, Sundance and Caldera. There are a few others here and there. You can use the search tool on this site (and others) to see what consistently gets mentioned. Master Spas, for one on your list, gets a lot of criticism -- I don't know a lot about the spas except that their sales tactics at traveling spa expos is pretty sleazy. Their insulation gets a lot of criticism as well. I have wet tested D1, Jacuzzi and Marquis on your list. In fact, Marquis and Jacuzzi have made our short list (along with Hot Spring).

Glad to hear you're planning to wet test. Of course, pay attention to what you hear others say about spas (taking into consideration you may be listening to a dealer or manufacturer's rep.) Then let your body be your guide. Get in 'em!

Come back and share your shopping process with us!

Hi all,

I'm purchasing my first tub, looking mainly for back/shoulder/neck therapy for two primary users (but big enough for the friends that I'm sure will want to join). Live close to several dealers and have been making the rounds to see what lines they carry and what they're all about.

After evaluating what we know about the dealers (from they're reputatons and talking with them), we've narrowed it down to several brands (but still have a lot to consider!) and am very interested in other's experience/knowledge of these brands: Catalina, Master Spas, Dimension One, Jaccuzi, Marquis and Emerald. Checking out Four Winds tomorow.

Although the list is long, any advice? Planning to wet test some of these to see what feels right, but just want to get a sense of the brand name reputations if anyone has an opinion to share.

Thanks, Roseya

we have been checking out hot tubs too this will be are first Four Winds and Infinity are really reasonable on price but were told not to go with infinity have not been told any bad about four winds we have also checked out cal spa, hot springs and dimension one but they are about 1500 dollars different let me know what you decide one we can not figure out which one to go with

Jacuzzi and D1 are by far the best built tubs of that list...I would stay away from four winds too, I personally know the four winds owner, he also has a hot tub store in the same state the tubs are built and he even uses the tubs as a low end and doesnt even have one in his own backyard. Not saying alot since he has a Nordic

Jacuzzi and D1 are by far the best built tubs of that list...I would stay away from four winds too, I personally know the four winds owner, he also has a hot tub store in the same state the tubs are built and he even uses the tubs as a low end and doesnt even have one in his own backyard. Not saying alot since he has a Nordic

I would definitely put Marquis up there with the Jacuzzi and D1's on the list. Without hesitation.

Found the tub for us!

The Marquis Euphoria. I'm about 5 feet tall and it's one of the few tubs that seem to accomodate both me and the other primary user who is 5'10". We bot fell in love with it. Other tubs we tested:

-Jacuzzi's J-270 and J-365 - both were ok, just built for taller folks it seemed like. And not as great of a job as Marquis on including various seat heights. Cool foot dome feature in the J-365.

-Catalina CL 900 - really liked this tub, it's our second choice tub. A little louder than the Marquis Euphoria but is a great tub. Especially liked the fact that each seat has it's own control lever - no divertors.

-Cataline Santa Cruz - I didn't like this tub at all. Way too deep, couldn't get comfortable. Just didn't work for me.

-Tested a few Marquis including the Epic, which we liked - just like the way the Euphoria fits better. But the Epic is a very nice tub.

-Tried a few Emeralds, not sure of the models, but just didn't really like the seats, not molded as well I guess.

-Lastly tried a top of the line Great Lakes. Nice tub, but would be wary of Great Lakes, don't think they have as good of a reputation as the Marquis do.

So that's our experience! Now it's time to negotiate. Will post some questions about that in a separate thread as I'm curious to see how much folks have paid for the tub.