I Bought A D1 Amore Bay

adudinsk

Well.. I pulled the trigger and purchased a D1 Amore Bay.

Alpine White UltraLife shell (so you get the lifetime warranty against blistering/leaks/cracks/everything). with the Teracena Oak shell. No Stereo.

I was initially interested in Arctic Tundra.. but they would not sell to me (see my last posts), and when I heard that the one shell color from D1 was NOT fiberglass and had the lifetime warranty, that sold me.

I get delivery in 1-2 weeks.. and cannot wait.

I live in Canada, and bought from Michigan. My price was as follows (hope I did good)

Tub, with cover and lifter, starter kit, delivery across the border to Canada, all taxes out the door for $12,500.

I like the 2 form fitted seats.. and figured thats where I will be 99% of the time. When others come over the open seating with lots of leg room is nice. you can even squeeze an extra person or two in....

Also LOVE the water effects.. (ok..ok.. they are toys.. but hey.. )

Thanks for all the help

That tub isn't for a family, it's for a whole country! Congratulations and please post pics when you get it set up.

Tsk... yeah... geee... I dunno if you got the right tub. Good thing it's big enough for all of *us* to invite ourselves up! Send pics and let us know when the water is at 102. We will all give our in-person evaluation as soon as you have it all setup and the champagne is chilled... have your people call my people. Will we have to chopper-in (Saskatch)? B) Heli-spa'ing hhaha!

Congrats! I'm just kidding (no I'm actually serious :rolleyes: ) enjoy!!!! Look forward to some pics

Thanks for all the feedback.. will post pictures when it arrives, and is installed.

I have the pad poured, and this weekend its the electrical prep...

They said 1-2 weeks to ship it in from the Mfg. Then I have to clear the customs for them, and bring back the papers.. and away we go...

Well.. I pulled the trigger and purchased a D1 Amore Bay.

Alpine White UltraLife shell (so you get the lifetime warranty against blistering/leaks/cracks/everything). with the Teracena Oak shell. No Stereo.

I was initially interested in Arctic Tundra.. but they would not sell to me (see my last posts), and when I heard that the one shell color from D1 was NOT fiberglass and had the lifetime warranty, that sold me.

I get delivery in 1-2 weeks.. and cannot wait.

I live in Canada, and bought from Michigan. My price was as follows (hope I did good)

Tub, with cover and lifter, starter kit, delivery across the border to Canada, all taxes out the door for $12,500.

I like the 2 form fitted seats.. and figured thats where I will be 99% of the time. When others come over the open seating with lots of leg room is nice. you can even squeeze an extra person or two in....

Also LOVE the water effects.. (ok..ok.. they are toys.. but hey.. )

Thanks for all the help

Great tub and also good price. You did well. Enjoy!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations. Looking at the Amore me to, but were I am (up north in Europe) the dealer wants a list price of 32.000 USD delivered at shop !!! Now I know that the dollar is low, and that transportation here is higher. But wow!!! Thinking about doing the import myself.

Any of you know any dealer that might be interested in selling for export?

AMore Bay REview:

Ok.. now that I had the tub up for about 1 week.. these are my impressions:

1) The Fountains- These are pretty.. and would be nice at a BBQ much like a fountain in your garden, and will entice people to hop in the tub. BUT. in cold weather, if you get your hair wet.. I direct the fountain to land on me.. keeping me wet all over.. and dont freeze my head off.

2) Water fall.. pretty.. but thats about it. Something to talk about.. adds some lighting.. mood stuf only.

3) Jets.. LOTS of power. although I did have a loose cable for the Magnetic Switches. I suspect the connector was not crimped down correctly, it works then stops.. then works...(this does not affect the use of the tub as they are aux controls under the water line). None the less. I called the factory direct (remember I live in Canada.. with no dealer) and they were great.. shipping ALL magnetic switch components (need it or not) to me to swap. (I will send them a Canadian "gift pack" in return.. they were super answering questions.)

4) Seating. Love the 2 chairs. The "play ground" area .. the bench seat is comfortable.. and GREAT for having friends over.. LOADS of foot room.. no more playing Footsie with people. Floor of the spa has lots og "Bumps" that you can rub a cramped foot..hand.. good idea..and shows the fantastic detail of the shell casting..

5) Got the Alpine White ULTRALIFE shell with life time warranty. Its not gloss smooth.. so its non-slip. This is good. White though.. shows dirt.. so you end up getting really *** about cleaning it.. (I guess this is good)

6) Lighting. LOTS of lights..8 multi color LEDs total.. plus 3 sides uplighted in white.. and the 4th side has the colored iWatch as lighting.

7) iWatch. WAY COOL. lets you monitor all your spa settings, inputs, outputs on your Palm Pilot. WAY cool!

8) Ok.. its tall.. NEEDS stairs to get into the tub. There is no way to get in without some stairs.. maybe you could barrel roll into the tub.. or pull a Dukes of Hazzard.. but you would never get out..

9) Lifters..well.. since the cover is round.. a Cover Saver attachment is not possible... so I am working out a sling to keep the lifter from hanging the cover off of the seams. Does not work with many lifters.. and I am not keen on screwing a lifter to the tubs frame..

10) Jets are VERY VERY easy to adjust. Maybe too easy. sometimes you foot touches one.. and rotates it,. and turns it off. Although older people.. (my parents) would love the ease of adjustment... its subjective.

11) I got the Teracina Oak cabinet. BEAUTIFUL.. but its some sort of plastic.. and only warrantied for 2 yrs. .maybe I should have got the less attractive wood finish that has a 5 yr warranty?

12) Tub is huge. I am 6'2" and can float on my back.. arms over my head.. and not touch the sides of the tub.

13) Dealer said they never sold a Serena Bay (one size up) so I am now kind'a thinking I should have got that one.. I would be the only guy in 500 miles with one... Hmm....wondering if it would have been worth it.. Although the AMore's open seating area is great for packing kids in..etc..

14) Anyway.. I go in every night.. love it.. love to show it off.. had LOADS of neighbours come over and oohh.. and ahhh.. over the tub and its effects.

WHAT WOULD I ADD?

Ok.. it has 3 pumps.. fountains.. waterfalls.. If I had to add something.. I would add a BUBBLE MACHINE fed from the warm air in the cabinet (makes the bubbles float) That would be cool.. Hmmm.. bubbles...... that would impress the girls.... maybe beer on tap? A fountain Pop machine.. (no wait.. I have one inside..)....

Other then that.. the tub is great.. big.. fun.. and has lots of power. And I am sure I can get my own bubble machine for cheap at the party store...

I will snap some pictures tonight when its darker.. so one can see the lights.. and post.

Thanks for everyones help/opinions.

Andrew

Then I also ordere the Amore Bay, after negotiations down from 32.000 USD to 22.000 USD delivered on doorstep in Norway.

Expensive compared to the US, but a good price overall. The recommended retail price in Europe is 22.500 EUR (equivalent to 32.ooo USD) all over EU and Scandinavia, so did send an e-mail to their HQ asking if the shouldn't consider looking at the large price difference.

Will get my tub within a few days as they had it in stock. UltraLife Alpine white with with Enviro Tect Stoneridge Graycabinet- Will put it on the roof terrace overlooking the city, and after reading the last review here I am really looking forward to diving into it :o)

Also, I see that you can buy more options for the fountains, making different effects. Anyone tried any of those?

I just ordered the optional fountain heads.. the ones that come with the Amore are very interesting.. but not so fun when in the tub. In Canada, its cold.. so if I get my hair wet, I end up sitting under the fountain.. The standard ones, pretty and all, dont soak me enough. I will see how the Flame fountain jets work out.

One thing that I thought was interesting.. the iWatch thats on your Amore. (the oval lighted diagnostic thing) can support upto 3 additional remote units (for lighting only). They list for about $$150us and are approved by D1. So if you want more colored lighting on the sides.. thats a cheap, fun way to go.

What color did you get for your tub? What cabinet?

I am sure you will love your Amore Bay. They are huge, and comfortable for a family or friends. LOTS of foot room.

I did have some troubles priming my circulation pump.. and the underwater magnetic switches didnt work. (some known problem). The manufacture send me a replacement board in 2 days.. and it was about 15min for me to swap it. All is good now.. and these remote switches are a great idea. You could be sitting with your "bird" and not have to move anywhere to "dim the lights".. LOL..

The magnetic switches are pretty cool, as they allow you do run various pumps.. and the lights... its a great idea.

My favourite feature is the floor jet that points straight up. GREAT for sore feet...

Opps.. Saw you ordered the Ultralife.. GOOD choice. Its non-slip. (wouldnt want to fall off the balcony) and I feel the white color is timeless. and wont go out of style.. Also the warranty.. is .. FANTASTIC.. never a chance of delamination, as its made of GE's Geloy compound.

If you ever have any problems with the tub, I have dealt with Skip and Dennis in service.. they are great guys.. had all answers to all my questions.

Yes, I choose the white one as I would like to see that the tub is clean, and the good warrenty. Also, lightening seems to have better effect in the white than the darker ones.

Good idea about the jets on the fountain. Do keep us updated on those. Cold outside here to :)

A few questions:

These underwater magnetic switches you mention, what are they and what do they do?

No info on them on the web-page it seems....

And the additional remotes you mentions for lightening, is that the remote control you can by as an addition, or is it extra lightening?

There are 3 sets of underwater magnetic switches. (they dont drill holes thru the tub.. so they will never leak)

There is one by the seat without the pulasting jets.. (to the left of the controllers)

There are 2 buttons.. top one controls all lighting functions

Bottom one starts your seats jets.. and the seat NEXT to you's jets.. (often you direct the water to the center floor and thus can turn it on to massage your feet)

There are 2 more in the curved bench seat area. One functions similar.. the other does not control the lights.. but instead controls the fountain...

They placed them so that no matter where you are, you can control pretty much any function between the magnetic switchs and control pannels WITHOUT moving.

Very nice idea..

The amore bay is amasing !!! I love it.

But as always, there is one thing that doesn't work. The exterior lightening, the one with a switch under the edge by the control room. Doesn't turn on by itself or at all. Anyone had similar problems, or have any tips on how to turn them on....?

The amore bay is amasing !!! I love it.

But as always, there is one thing that doesn't work. The exterior lightening, the one with a switch under the edge by the control room. Doesn't turn on by itself or at all. Anyone had similar problems, or have any tips on how to turn them on....?

Very interesting shape of a spa. Enjoy, looks nice!