No Water Test...to Many Choice

pa7192

ANY ADIVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED

we are down to 3 spas

caldera, vita ,costco xp1,

the vita and the xp1 we can't do a water test any advice????

suprising the VITA dealer is a small shop in florida who can't allow water test due to size of shop

thanks

If it were me, I would go with the Caldera from your three selections. Caldera is top tier spa with excellent manufacturer and dealer support.

we are down to 3 spas

suprising the VITA dealer is a small shop in florida who can't allow water test due to size of shop

thanks

Caldera

I would wet test, who cares about water testing anyway? Testing water isnt hard and to me it is more of a burdon to take the sample of water to the store anyway. Nice thing about Vita in Florida is bang for the buck, they made in Florida, shipping on a Caldera probably costs 450 per spa...even if dealer isnt including that in his profit margin (most dealers do) your already paying that much more because the spa is being shipped across the country. Also with Vita factory in Florida you will probably get better service because parts are always a day away. Anyway I would agree Caldera is the better spa, but bang for the buck and service wise I would wet test both spas and pick the one you like the most.

I'm curious what the size of the store has to do with wet testing. I'd be worried if the size of the store would effect my service needs after buying a spa. Just imagine a car dealership that wouldn't let you test drive a car before buying. I shopped alot of dealers and each one offered to wet test any spa, including those that weren't filled at the time.

we are down to 3 spas

thanks

I'm curious what the size of the store has to do with wet testing.

I've seen one store that had about 5 spas in it because that's all that would fit on the floor. They had 2 of them wet and powered up.

I could see them saying they have a limited number of spas due to their size but size of showroom should not have any effect on their ability to fill a spa with water and connect power. Sometimes power available can be an issue to where they can only power up one spa at a time but in this case it sounds more like they want to avoid the "hassle" of providing wet tests.

We test the Caldera and see what you think. You could always see if there is another Vita store within driving distance that you could wet test but you really do want to wet test.

I'm in Florida and there are 3 Vita dealers within 30 minutes of me. I tried one model at one store, and another model at another! While I really liked Vita, I ended up purchasing a Caldera. Look for another Vita dealer in the area. They are ALL OVER Florida, and many don't have Vita in their names. What part of Florida are you in?

• 2 weeks later...

A water test can be preformed by the county water & sewer utility company. My unicorporated community's district will do it free. If you live in an agricultural area, many USDA - Agricultural Extension Districts will also test water samples. I know this is true from my appointed position as a former local water resources board member in Maryland's (Atlantic Ocean) Coastal Bays.

I chose Vita of the three companies you listed. First because the dealer is also the service company. They are stocking parts and have been trained by and certified by Vita. Secondly because the wet test proved comforable to me (6'4") and my wife (5'4"). Thirdly because the website provides more indepth information, i.e., parts manual, owners manual, electrical hook ups, options for models, up grades. And the price was in my ball park too.

I live in a rural area and only two dealers are within 10 miles, several more are 25 miles away, 12 more are >30 miles from home. A total of 18 different companies, 28 models were researched. The pictures and websites are great, but nothing beat a good service company. Also, if the spa is of good construction, you shouldn't need any service for (we hope) five years or more. That is apart from chemical treatments and keeping the system clean.

My dealer/serviceman also helped with local ordinances (county and local building permits and electrical wiring suggestions). He also recommended (as well as the Vita website) sitting information and supporting foundation.

These things helped me, I hope it helps you! :rolleyes:

we are down to 3 spas

thanks

Stay away from Costco and Vita, Caldera is very good. Being a spa service company we see how all spas are built and out of these I would say the Caldera. We have seen quite a few Calderas in the field that are 15-20+ years old still going. As far as a previous respose about the dealer being small and not allowing wet test, we are a dealer who can not do wet tests, our store floors will not support a tub, and there are insurance issues with it, so I know where this dealer is coming from. If you have tried any other tubs you should feel some confidence that you can tell by looking and sitting in a dry tub that it is what you want.