D1 Nautilus

Hello, After many months of shopping arround and wet testing different brands and models, my husband and I just placed a deposit on a Dimension One Nautilus Spa.

We live in Massachusetts, I was just wondering if anyone else here owns one of these and how they like it? Any problems etc? And what price have people paid for this model (2006).

I hope we made the right choice. B)

Hello, After many months of shopping arround and wet testing different brands and models, my husband and I just placed a deposit on a Dimension One Nautilus Spa.

We live in Massachusetts, I was just wondering if anyone else here owns one of these and how they like it? Any problems etc? And what price have people paid for this model (2006).

I hope we made the right choice. B)

The D1 Serena bay rocks. The nautilus is great too.

D1 makes a great product.

My b'friend and I went to our first dealer to look at tubs yesterday and of course the Sarena Bay model was the one I had fallen in love with on the 'net. That was until I got hit with his price - $12,000.

I want a tub that will offer theraputic qualities, I guess the word is, I love the idea of hydrotherapy and believe in it and reflexology, so I have no prob accepting the claims the mfr makes. The thing is, why in the heck are these so difficult to get info on? How frustrating! I already know I have a lot to do on this project, now they're making it harder for me by hiding silly things like - er, price? I would think that's a pretty important piece of info there. Anyway, do you believe in D1 spas? Is it better than a hot springs or marquis?

please advise, and I love this forum. I'm so glad you seasoned hot tubbers/ spa-ers are out there!

susan

I already know I have a lot to do on this project, now they're making it harder for me by hiding silly things like - er, price? I would think that's a pretty important piece of info there. Anyway, do you believe in D1 spas? Is it better than a hot springs or marquis?

please advise, and I love this forum. I'm so glad you seasoned hot tubbers/ spa-ers are out there!

susan

D1 is a good choice but it's just that, a choice. Hot Springs, Sundance, Marquis, Caldera, Jacuzzi are also very good choices also. If you like a spa but can't pull the trigger due to price, comfort in dealer, etc. look at your other opitions. All spa makers are certainly not alike but there are definitely a few good options out there so don't limit yourself to one spa/brand if you have an issue with the first one you look into.

D1 is a good choice but it's just that, a choice. Hot Springs, Sundance, Marquis, Caldera, Jacuzzi are also very good choices also. If you like a spa but can't pull the trigger due to price, comfort in dealer, etc. look at your other opitions. All spa makers are certainly not alike but there are definitely a few good options out there so don't limit yourself to one spa/brand if you have an issue with the first one you look into.

My husband and I looked around for months before making our final decision. My husband had wet tested about a dozen or so before I finally wet tested with him. We had narrowed it down to Sundance, Hot Springs, and Dimension One. At first we thought for sure it would be the Sundance Optima, until I wet tested it. I loved the style etc, but when I sat in it with water I could not stay in one place. I kept floating off the seat,(my husband didn't have this problem) I could hold myself down, but that was just more effort, and this was supposed to be relaxing. We finally both wet tested the Dimension One Nautilus and I could actually sit comfortably even with high flow from the jets.

PS We were quoted a price of $8600 for the Nautilus in Massachusetts, ($9500 in another dealership an hour north). Is $8600 a good deal for this model? I hope we weren't over charged.

My husband and I looked around for months before making our final decision. My husband had wet tested about a dozen or so before I finally wet tested with him. We had narrowed it down to Sundance, Hot Springs, and Dimension One. At first we thought for sure it would be the Sundance Optima, until I wet tested it. I loved the style etc, but when I sat in it with water I could not stay in one place. I kept floating off the seat,(my husband didn't have this problem) I could hold myself down, but that was just more effort, and this was supposed to be relaxing. We finally both wet tested the Dimension One Nautilus and I could actually sit comfortably even with high flow from the jets.

PS We were quoted a price of $8600 for the Nautilus in Massachusetts, ($9500 in another dealership an hour north). Is $8600 a good deal for this model? I hope we weren't over charged.

Ask both companies for referals of other customers to see if they are satisfied. Also look into the BBB and how long the dealers have been with D1 for. Than the discrepency might be justified. Happy tubbing.

Ask both companies for referals of other customers to see if they are satisfied. Also look into the BBB and how long the dealers have been with D1 for. Than the discrepency might be justified. Happy tubbing.

[/q

I think you may have misunderstood my question. We are purchasing from the $8600 dealer, They have been in business many many years. I have not heard of any complaints per say. My question was....is $8600 a good price for the Nautilus Spa?

Maybe what I'm trying to say is...Should this be like purchasing a car were there is nogotiating back and forth, or are spas usually sold at asking cost? Thanks

Maybe what I'm trying to say is...Should this be like purchasing a car were there is nogotiating back and forth, or are spas usually sold at asking cost? Thanks

It depends, some dealers quote a price and leave room to haggle understanding that they'll get more from the non hagglers and appease the haggles by giving them a chance to feel good about working it dow a bit. Others quote a price for everyone and hold it firmly. In the end the dealer needs to average a certain profit so they can keep everyone at teh same price or have the deals vary and get the same average overall. It shouldn't hurt to try but go in understanding that maybe you're getting a good deal already.

It depends, some dealers quote a price and leave room to haggle understanding that they'll get more from the non hagglers and appease the haggles by giving them a chance to feel good about working it dow a bit. Others quote a price for everyone and hold it firmly. In the end the dealer needs to average a certain profit so they can keep everyone at teh same price or have the deals vary and get the same average overall. It shouldn't hurt to try but go in understanding that maybe you're getting a good deal already.

Isn't the Nautilus the tub with the shell embossed on the inside of the tub, and ceramic tile inside? If so, we're in MI and I sat in that tub when we were at the dealer. He gave us a price of $8500, I believe, so I guess it's right in the ballpark of the quote you got, which I'd say makes your offer sound on the up-and-up.

Isn't the Nautilus the tub with the shell embossed on the inside of the tub, and ceramic tile inside? If so, we're in MI and I sat in that tub when we were at the dealer. He gave us a price of $8500, I believe, so I guess it's right in the ballpark of the quote you got, which I'd say makes your offer sound on the up-and-up.

Yes that is the one (tiles, shell embossed etc).

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't paying $8600 for something I could have actually paid $6500. But sounds like $8600 is a good price then!

Yes that is the one (tiles, shell embossed etc).

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't paying $8600 for something I could have actually paid $6500. But sounds like $8600 is a good price then!

Nope, I think you're getting a good deal, and I'll tell you, I sat in that dry tub and talked with the dealer for over 30 minutes and was perfectly comfortable, even with no water. The jets are great and i love the idea of being able to adjust each one.

I think I found the deal of a lifetime last night and would love any input I can get from everyone - this is a D1 3-4 yr old 5 person, 45 jets, comes with the steps and cover and lifter and the rest of hte stuff he has, asking price is $4k. He said it's in perfect shape, has two loungers, but I cna't find which model it is.

Question to dealers out there on a D1: how many jets are in that model, does anyone have any ideas?

Any input is appreciated, plus thoughts on the price. . . thanks so much, you're saving my sanity out here! It's not easy, shopping for these things.

Nope, I think you're getting a good deal, and I'll tell you, I sat in that dry tub and talked with the dealer for over 30 minutes and was perfectly comfortable, even with no water. The jets are great and i love the idea of being able to adjust each one.

I think I found the deal of a lifetime last night and would love any input I can get from everyone - this is a D1 3-4 yr old 5 person, 45 jets, comes with the steps and cover and lifter and the rest of hte stuff he has, asking price is $4k. He said it's in perfect shape, has two loungers, but I cna't find which model it is.

Question to dealers out there on a D1: how many jets are in that model, does anyone have any ideas?

Any input is appreciated, plus thoughts on the price. . . thanks so much, you're saving my sanity out here! It's not easy, shopping for these things.

Sounds like the D1 Diplomat. Only one I know of that has 2 loungers. That is actually one of the models we were deciding between. We thought for sure we wante4d a lounger, then after much wet testing and other factors, we chose the Nautilus (no lounger but can fit up to 7 people comfortably).

As far as the used spa goes, $4k might not be so bad, but I would look into whether it will still be covered under remaining warranties and such. Also, if its possible to wet test. It is so different to sit in a dry tub, and then to sit in one with running water. You may find out you are a floater like I was in some tubs, which makes for a not so relaxing experience.

Good luck with your search.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

We just returned from the San Diego Fair, and shopping for Spas. My head is in more of a whirl from that than the Mega Drop! we looked at so many Spas, Dynasty, LA, Dimension One, Jacuzzi...

My husband was rock solid sold on the Dimension One Nautilus. They are some pricey spas, but a night worth of research (and especially this site) has made me feel better about their quality and features.

He finally haggled them "down" to $8352.67 -----9,000 out the door, with tax and delivery included, as well as the EZ lift, the starter kit, and the LED lighting.

I am just sort of skeeved out about two things:

1. This is about 3, 000 dollars (nearly 50%!!) more than we set out to pay for a spa. We had some wiggle room, but sheesh!

Is it worth it? The salesman said because of the insulation the energy savings alone would be an equalizer in the long run.

2. The wanted a 100 deposit to "hold" the price, and they were also whining about not making any profit if they "kept lowering the price" for us.

I felt like I was buying a car!!! Exhausting.

Troubleman, if you are still here, was your 8500 including everything and out the door? I'm sure your taxes are lower there too.

Can anyone else speak to the supposed energy savings of this spa, or alternately let me know how much it costs you to run it ?

Thank you so much! Sorry for the loooong post!

Kate

• 2 weeks later...