Help With Final Decision

waterboy

Ditto.

Ditto, ditto.

I am using "Brilliance" from the makers of Baqua Spa products. It is bromine without any chlorine. That sets it apart from all other tablet type bromine products. It also does not have the smell - which I also do not like - that tablet type bromine products seem to have.

The one minor down side - if you can call it that - is that you have to add MPS once a week. This is to oxidize the bromine and reactivate it, which is why other tablet type bromine products have chlorine built into them. Some have 44% chlorine.

I don't consider adding this MPS by hand a disadvantage, since I can do it with the lid of my spa open, allowing it to do its job and then leave the scene. That makes it easier on my cover, my headrest pillows and my nose.

B)

Don't get the Genesis system. It will give you trouble. If your wife is itchy, its because the chemicals dry her skin out. If its the chemicals, try the hydrogen peroxide based chems. Many spa chemical companies carry them now.

I would list what are the important items to your family in spa. go from there and select.

We began our search for the best spa as per the attached thread and appreciate everyones help so far

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...9&hl=advice

We have finally wet tested all of the spas in the area except for the Cal Avalon 844L which we will test this friday night. Tested were:

Arctic summit legend series and klondiker signature series

Sundance Cameo and Optima

Coast Spas Helios and similar no lounge model with 55 jets

Pacific Spas Calypso loaded except for serenity package and stereo

Hotsprings Envoy

Beachcomber 750

Clearwater pebble beach loaded.

Jacuzzi 470 and 480

As noted previously I am just under 6 feet with a long torso and my wife is 5'4"

Our final choices are in order of preference

1) Pacific spas Calypso

Pros

system 3 water purification which includes Genesis salt water UV and CD ozone

Execellent jetting, massage therapy and fit us both well

Very simple to use with one diverter and toggle air controls instead of turning knobs

Power dome foot jets and adjustable calfs/achilles jets.

Very easy to get in and out of with 3 step entrance which doubles as cool down seat

locally manufactured and good dealership

Cons

Price was more than we wanted to spend at $11,389 + taxes delivery included

No aroma therapy, lights or waterfall

2) Sundance Cameo

Pros

Only lounge seat that fit me perfectly. Worked for the wife too.

Execellent jetting and massage therapy

Had all of the bell and whistles including aromatherapy, waterfall and lights

price was $9800 +delivery and this was only the dealers first price

Liked the dealership

Cons

Only has CD ozone which may mean more water management

Good filter system is expensive but can use cheaper filters wash etc

not made locally

no genesis system

3) Arctic Klondiker signature

pros

Salt water and ozone system

Double lounger that fit both of us

Locally made and good dealership

Good massage therapy

Seems to be the best in energy efficiency

Cons

positioning and type of jets on Sundance and pacific offer slightly better hydrotherapy

noisier than the other tubs

Price is more than we want to spend at approx $11500 + delivery with Ozone, forever floor cover lifter, salt system, better cabinet and some extra jets for shoulder and back.

4) Beachcomber 750

Pros

Great seating configuration with 2 seats that can double as loungers

removable jets that can be swapped back and forth for change in type of massage at each seat

30 day no charge jet change deal

Free filter and water testing for life and dealer is closest to us.

Uv and ozone included

Seats fit us both well

Protec equipment system under steps and full insulation for better energy efficiency

cons

Massage was better on Pacific and Calypso

More expensive at $11400 + delivery

no salt water system

We will be going back to retest the sundance and beachcomber just to make sure that the Pacific is worth the extra expense and/or is better.

As an addition to the above Jacuzzi dealer called tonight and may offer us a good deal on a j365 which fits me. We will still have to wet test this model. We preferred the 400 series over the 300 series.

We look forward to your comments and recommendations. We really liked the feel of the genesis salt water systems on our skin after exiting the tub and the total lack of smell when in the tub. The water also seems to be very clear with the Pacific System 3 purification