Replacing Cover Strap Plastic Male Piece

Nat

I opened the cover without unhooking the rear cover straps, and one of the plastic male pieces broke. It appears that the strap is sewn into the cover. I did call the hot tub dealer (Hot Springs) and they have the replacement plastic catches. Anyone know how to unhook the strap from the cover so a new catch can be installed?

Thanks.

--Nate

I'm a cover manufacturer and we do sell the replacement kits like Hot Spring does. Terminator is correct in that that is the way to install them. However, at least take a look locally at an upholstery/cut-n-sew shop. It really needs to be sewn back on and it may be worth the small investment. For local customers, we usually charge around $15-$25 including new hardware depending on how many clips are broken. I don't see why a local shop would turn down a quick twenty bucks for a 20 minute job.

• 4 months later...

hello, I just broke my snaps doing the same thing. Is there something else I can do without cutting the strap? It seems as though there should be a piece that you could clip to the loop on the strap, and then insert into the thing on the side wall of the tub...

also, the picture is gone, I am guessing that the strap was cut, the piece added, then the strap resewn....