Infinity Spa Service Call

Tee

We were in the tub last night, and while one of the kids was adjusting the waterfall flow, the control knob came flying out of it's housing. I was unable to see how it went back in, so I shut the spa down.

I called them this morning at 9:05 AM (their support hours begin at 9:00 AM), they answered the phone quickly. A technician, Larry, was able to explain to me how to fix it in about two minutes.

I realize it was a simple issue, but I was relieved to get a knowledgeable person on the phone quickly.

On another note - It was 104 degrees when I shut it down at 7:00 PM last night. I was able to turn it back on this morning at 9:30 AM and it was at 94 degrees. So it was down for 14 hours and only lost 10 degrees. It was 33 degrees here this morning.

Losing 10 degrees in 14 hours in 33 degree weather good or bad?

I'm glad you got your issue resolved to your satisfaction. That heat loss sounds reasonable to me, especially in those temps. You, atleast, have the confidence that if anything goes wrong during the night, you don't have to worry about your tub freezing.

Be very carefull of this as the vessel temperature is not indicative to the temp of the water in the plumbing.

Good point. If someone has a tub that isn't full foam, they could monitor the temp. around the plumbing lines. In a full foam tub, we can't do this. Does anyone know how much the temp. can vary from the vessel to the lines? I have often worried on very cold mornings, what would happen if my spa was off and I didn't know it.

We were in the tub last night, and while one of the kids was adjusting the waterfall flow, the control knob came flying out of it's housing. I was unable to see how it went back in, so I shut the spa down.

I called them this morning at 9:05 AM (their support hours begin at 9:00 AM), they answered the phone quickly. A technician, Larry, was able to explain to me how to fix it in about two minutes.

Hi Tee,

I recall at least two others who indicated that their waterflow flow knob popped out. Could you explain how it went back in. I'm sure this will happen again and it would be good to have a decent explanation that one could search for in the archives.

Thanks,

Ken

Sure.

Remove the front panel so you can gain access to the underlying fitting. Push it up so that the threads are above the shell, and simply screw it back on. Be careful that you find all the pieces that blew off. There is the actual knob, a fitting inside that is left hand threaded, and a plastic washer. The guy on the phone says that this is an issue with the spa, and he has several calls on this problem. He recommended that you tighten it down really good (hand tight), and to check it every time you have that panel open. If it is loose, it may leak into the cabinet before it actually gets loose enough to pop out.

Good point. If someone has a tub that isn't full foam, they could monitor the temp. around the plumbing lines. In a full foam tub, we can't do this. Does anyone know how much the temp. can vary from the vessel to the lines? I have often worried on very cold mornings, what would happen if my spa was off and I didn't know it.

I personaly think TP has a slight advantage over FF in this area if the TP is done say like Arctics system. The warmth radiating from the vessel will keep the plumbing warmer and thus prevent freezing longer. But FF will also protect the plumbing that is not in the equipment area. Here you will have to protect the equipment but that can be done with a light bulb (trouble light) Either way a repair will have to be facilitated ASAP

Sure.

Remove the front panel so you can gain access to the underlying fitting. Push it up so that the threads are above the shell, and simply screw it back on. Be careful that you find all the pieces that blew off. There is the actual knob, a fitting inside that is left hand threaded, and a plastic washer. The guy on the phone says that this is an issue with the spa, and he has several calls on this problem. He recommended that you tighten it down really good (hand tight), and to check it every time you have that panel open. If it is loose, it may leak into the cabinet before it actually gets loose enough to pop out.

I had the exact same problem and Tech Support gave me the same instructions and it solved the problem. I was very happy with the support they provided.