Foam Insulation Removal ?

shammylamby

I use an old claw hammer and an old flat pry bar. I specify 'old' because you don't want sharp edges, and the old tools have worn smooth at all the right places.

Also, I keep a couple of trash bags handy, and a shop vac is indispensible.

B)

Some great advise................. PATIENCE! If you've never done this before, you wont do it in 10 minutes. Like many things in life, the less experience you have, the longer some things can take to accomplish. It takes time to "get the feel" of anything new. Like digging with a claw hammer. Fix a few spas and it's easy to know what's right under the foam just by the feel.

Some great advise................. PATIENCE! If you've never done this before, you wont do it in 10 minutes. Like many things in life, the less experience you have, the longer some things can take to accomplish. It takes time to "get the feel" of anything new. Like digging with a claw hammer. Fix a few spas and it's easy to know what's right under the foam just by the feel.

I also use a hot knife like this one http://www.demandproducts.com/hotknife.html

But be carefull you don't cut something you never intended to cut.