Cover Lifters

ivieisme

Can anyone find a cover lifter with no top bar? I'm getting a Caldera, they have their own prolift with no bar, but my dealer doesn't carry it. Cant find one online to buy. Any suggestions?

Hi,

I am looking for a new lift as well.

I wonder if the Cover Valet is a possibility? We are looking at this unit

The "Cover Genie" has about 12 inches of a cross bar sticking in from each side. I think this is pretty close to the ProLift.

There are several good sites that compare the lifters. I don't know if I should post their websites as I don't want to appear to be promoting vendors?

Try Googling spa lifters selection matrix

Thanks

Tsand

the no bar lifter is miles better than the standard bar over the middle type. thats a bummer that your dealer won't help you. try calling watkins customer service (800-999-4688) or googling another caldera dealer. someone should be able to sell you one. i've seen similar installs and you have to be carefull and follow instructions to a t, but its not rocket surgery. gl.

I was wrong, my dealer does have it. He highly suggests NOT to get it though. He says becuase you have to drill holes in the cover, the rain gets in and the cover will fill with water. Any thoughts?

Yes, you do drill into metal plates put there by the factory. The part about rain getting in is Not true. I have sold them for years with no problems.

Ask any HotSpring or Caldera dealer - they are the same lifters.

B)

I was wrong, my dealer does have it. He highly suggests NOT to get it though. He says becuase you have to drill holes in the cover, the rain gets in and the cover will fill with water. Any thoughts?

Yes, you do drill into metal plates put there by the factory. The part about rain getting in is Not true. I have sold them for years with no problems.

B)

Is it possible they don't use the Caldera covers, and the ones they do use don't have those plates? This is rec warehouse we are talking about!

B)

Is it possible they don't use the Caldera covers, and the ones they do use don't have those plates? This is rec warehouse we are talking about!

It's very possible that Rec Warehouse isn't supplying Caldera covers for after-market sales and you need those plates for that lifter. The built-in cover lifter that Watkins has is very nice, but keep in mind that it will lock you into a Watkins cover for as long as you want to use that lifter.

Can anyone find a cover lifter with no top bar? I'm getting a Caldera, they have their own prolift with no bar, but my dealer doesn't carry it. Cant find one online to buy. Any suggestions?

I ended up ordering the "Cover Caddy". This way I can slide the cover into the caddy "arms" and leave it horizontal like that to use as a table of sorts, or I can put the caddy arms down so the cover sits along side the tub, only sticking up 9" (for my tub size). However, I can't vouch for how great it is as I don't even have my tub yet. Soon though! :)

If I had opted for a lifter with that bar, I would have also purchased the "cover savers" (I think that's what they're called). They're little pegs (if you will) that have a strap that you attach to the bar, and the pegs rest on the edge of the cover. When in use, the cover rests on the pegs rather than hanging from the bar and stressing the cover hinge. Search the web, as it's difficult to explain.

:huh:

It is not so much for the stress on the seam...I just think the top bar looks ugly. BTW, the Rec Warehouse says they do use the Caldera cover, but still water can seep in over the course of a few years. But they are still willing to sell it to me.

But without the support plates built into your cover you will not be able to install that type of lift arm.