Platinum Eclipse Install Question

I am ready to buy a Del Platinum Eclipse CD ozonator. I am not sure what additional parts I will need to install.

I have a 300 gallon Leisure Bay spa with Jacuzzi jets(There are two plastic air control knobs with

the name on them). The spa came with the house and is probably 15 years old. The controller and

heater unit has been recently replaced with a Nu Wave MM2 unit. It has a mini J&J plug for the

ozone power that has 120 volts to it.

The unit is mounted flush in a wooden deck and I can crawl under and reach everything.

I think it has a 2 speed pump but I'm not sure how to tell for sure. When it is heating, there is

a gentle flow of water and some bubbles from the jets. Sometimes they kick in to high speed and a

stronger flow comes out. (Also when I manually hit the jets button) I can hear the pump kick in to a

higher speed. That leads me to believe this is what is referred to as a two speed pump. (duh)

There are some kind of plastic fittings at the jets where air from the Jacuzzi valves and water from the filter are mixed.

I need to determine where to install and what I need for it. Hopefully it will just need a venturi thingie that I can drill and clamp into one of the tubes.

I am ready to buy a Del Platinum Eclipse CD ozonator. I am not sure what additional parts I will need to install.

I have a 300 gallon Leisure Bay spa with Jacuzzi jets(There are two plastic air control knobs with

the name on them). The spa came with the house and is probably 15 years old. The controller and

heater unit has been recently replaced with a Nu Wave MM2 unit. It has a mini J&J plug for the

ozone power that has 120 volts to it.

The unit is mounted flush in a wooden deck and I can crawl under and reach everything.

I think it has a 2 speed pump but I'm not sure how to tell for sure. When it is heating, there is

a gentle flow of water and some bubbles from the jets. Sometimes they kick in to high speed and a

stronger flow comes out. (Also when I manually hit the jets button) I can hear the pump kick in to a

higher speed. That leads me to believe this is what is referred to as a two speed pump. (duh)

There are some kind of plastic fittings at the jets where air from the Jacuzzi valves and water from the filter are mixed.

I need to determine where to install and what I need for it. Hopefully it will just need a venturi thingie that I can drill and clamp into one of the tubes.

Yep, mazzi injector and hose from the O3 Gen to the line. after the heater.

Billy, go to spadepot.com. They have instructions for the many different ways to install an ozonator on your spa. They have directions for ozone ready and non-ozone ready spas. I believe when we bought our mazzei injector there were different ones based on the size line you are using. So check this before buying. I've never seen a red one, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. Also, delzone is very helpful. Go to their website and send them an email or give them a call. Besides the mazzei injector you will also need a check valve. If your spa isn't ozone ready, if it's old it probably isn't, you'll need a bypass kit too. Good Luck.

okay, i found one on ebay, a pretty red one. I don't have room after the heater. it goes right to the filter. how about past the filter outlet?

Do you have access to your footwell jet lines?

okay, i found one on ebay, a pretty red one. I don't have room after the heater. it goes right to the filter. how about past the filter outlet?

not sure what they are, but i have access to everything that is there.

am i correct in thinking that the injector should be spliced in to a water (or air?) line that attaches as low as possible to the tub? there are four jets in the tub that air and water are hooked up to. they are about a foot below water level, though. i'm not completely sure how the plumbing works in this thing.

there is a drain in the very bottom of the footwell, but i don't think it has any jets that low. there is also a largish opening with a swiveling jet with some movable vanes in it. i'm not sure what function that has either, but it is fairly low, about a foot from the bottom. i'll take a closer look tomorrow and take inventory of all the jets and whatnots.

bs

not sure what they are, but i have access to everything that is there.

am i correct in thinking that the injector should be spliced in to a water (or air?) line that attaches as low as possible to the tub? there are four jets in the tub that air and water are hooked up to. they are about a foot below water level, though. i'm not completely sure how the plumbing works in this thing.

there is a drain in the very bottom of the footwell, but i don't think it has any jets that low. there is also a largish opening with a swiveling jet with some movable vanes in it. i'm not sure what function that has either, but it is fairly low, about a foot from the bottom. i'll take a closer look tomorrow and take inventory of all the jets and whatnots.

bs

Haven't looked at a pressure side filtration spa in a while but after the filter on the lowest jet line will be fine if you can find the right tee to do it. How big are the individual lines for your jets?

I just ordered the Del Platinum Eclipse. I am hoping that I can just Tee into the line coming from the air cap per the delzone installation file. I just removed and cleaned the air caps. I put a lit stick of incense at the open air cap with the jets on. There is a just barely discernible stream of air sucking the smoke in but there is a lot of bubbling at the jets. I can't tell where else the air can be coming from. I just stuffed a plastic bag into the valve with the adjusting plug removed and the air almost stopped.

The instructions call for a tee into the airline just below the air control cap. I am going to try this first with the air control cap completely plugged.

Does this sound right? A Tee with a hose nipple is a lot cheaper than a Mazzei injector if it accomplishes the same purpose.

Does anyone know offhand the ozone supply hose size so I can get my parts before the unit arrives?

The other Jacuzzi air control cap goes only to a single jet that opens into a large cavity with three fins on the front and a swivel vaned thing inside that looks like it is supposed to wobble around and jet in different directions, but it doesn't move. Water is jetting from it, but there are no bubbles. I'm guessing the air hose to it is plugged somehow.

Thanks

Bill Keiser

I just ordered the Del Platinum Eclipse. I am hoping that I can just Tee into the line coming from the air cap per the delzone installation file. I just removed and cleaned the air caps. I put a lit stick of incense at the open air cap with the jets on. There is a just barely discernible stream of air sucking the smoke in but there is a lot of bubbling at the jets. I can't tell where else the air can be coming from. I just stuffed a plastic bag into the valve with the adjusting plug removed and the air almost stopped.

The instructions call for a tee into the airline just below the air control cap. I am going to try this first with the air control cap completely plugged.

i plan on cutting the air tube just below the jacuzzi control cap, but it is tight under there and i might have to put the TEE in below the water level by a foot or so. do the jets have a good check valve in them, or will I have to worry about water gushing out if I don't drain the tub first?

bs

i plan on cutting the air tube just below the jacuzzi control cap, but it is tight under there and i might have to put the TEE in below the water level by a foot or so. do the jets have a good check valve in them, or will I have to worry about water gushing out if I don't drain the tub first?

bs

In order for Ozone to be as effective as possible it nees to be in contact with water for as long as possible. Yes sucking it in through your air line will work but it will be introduced to the water right at the jet. And by the way it will need to be above water line in order to protect it incase of a check valve failure on the air line. Idealy a bypass kit as mentioned above to take water from a jet line and route it to your injector and then through 20-30 feet of additional tubing and back to the jet line.

In order for Ozone to be as effective as possible it needs to be in contact with water for as long as possible. Yes sucking it in through your air line will work but it will be introduced to the water right at the jet. And by the way it will need to be above water line in order to protect it incase of a check valve failure on the air line. Idealy a bypass kit as mentioned above to take water from a jet line and route it to your injector and then through 20-30 feet of additional tubing and back to the jet line.

i don't see any prior reference to this device, nor had i seen anything resembling it in the delzone instructions.

are you saying that this bypass routes a small amount of water out of the main stream, THROUGH the ozonator, a long tube and then back to the main line?

makes sense. this would allow the ozone to dissolve into the water with the extended contact. but i think maybe you are saying that the water is routed past the injector, through the long tubing and returned after the injector.

the only bypass device i've seen is the mazzei injector with a large bypass for high speed pumping.

and how can i tell if my jets are ozone ready? i don't see anything resembling a 1/4" connection on the jets. they're probably too old maybe?

bill keiser

In order for Ozone to be as effective as possible it needs to be in contact with water for as long as possible. Yes sucking it in through your air line will work but it will be introduced to the water right at the jet. And by the way it will need to be above water line in order to protect it incase of a check valve failure on the air line. Idealy a bypass kit as mentioned above to take water from a jet line and route it to your injector and then through 20-30 feet of additional tubing and back to the jet line.

i don't see any prior reference to this device, nor had i seen anything resembling it in the delzone instructions.

are you saying that this bypass routes a small amount of water out of the main stream, THROUGH the ozonator, a long tube and then back to the main line?

makes sense. this would allow the ozone to dissolve into the water with the extended contact. but i think maybe you are saying that the water is routed past the injector, through the long tubing and returned after the injector.

the only bypass device i've seen is the mazzei injector with a large bypass for high speed pumping.

and how can i tell if my jets are ozone ready? i don't see anything resembling a 1/4" connection on the jets. they're probably too old maybe?

bill keiser

Right Billy, In order for it to work optimum you will need to cut into a jet line (water line) and install a T, from the T the new hose is then cut again and the injector is installed to except Ozone into the new line. From there the water travels hrough as much tubing as possible and back to the same line you cut originaly.