Good Lounger For Shorter People?/arctic Spas/etc.

DirkPitt

Hello. This is my first post!

We are looking at getting a new hot tub/spa. We've wet tested 4-5 Hot Spring models so far. Of those, the loungers are all too long/deep for us as my wife and I are both around 5'3".

So far we are also looking at Arctic spas. I like how the piping is exposed, so if there is a leak or problem after 5 years (and no more warranty) it seams like it would be much easier to fix a leak or whatever. Is this good long term planning by the way? I just think its great to have access to all 4 sides and be able to see exactly what is going on. Do any other higher end spas have this type of insulation?

My main question is, does anyone have experience with Arctic spas and their loungers? I'm most interested in the CUB model because we don't need anything larger. I talked with a salesperson at Apollo spas in Kirkland, WA and they have a CUB, but it is not filled and it sounds like she didn't want to fill it up. She said the Klondiker hot tub is full, ready to wet test and is the same layout as the Cub, just a bit larger, and that the lounger on the Klondiker model is about 2 inches less deep than the Cub lounger. I'd really like to wet test the CUB if I'm going to be getting it!

Thanks for any advice! We are new at this and are open to other brands/models in the Seattle area, especially ones that have a lounger that fits our body.

By the way, the Hot Springs guy was very helpful, although they were evidently having a sale this weekend and he was really trying to push me getting one now to get the sale price and not be at the back of the line and have to wait for a hot tub for 2 months. I didn't really buy it, but whatever. The hot springs tubs are nice but if we are going to spend 8K I'd really like something that fits our bodies better.

Hello. This is my first post!

We are looking at getting a new hot tub/spa. We've wet tested 4-5 Hot Spring models so far. Of those, the loungers are all too long/deep for us as my wife and I are both around 5'3".

So far we are also looking at Arctic spas. I like how the piping is exposed, so if there is a leak or problem after 5 years (and no more warranty) it seams like it would be much easier to fix a leak or whatever. Is this good long term planning by the way? I just think its great to have access to all 4 sides and be able to see exactly what is going on. Do any other higher end spas have this type of insulation?

My main question is, does anyone have experience with Arctic spas and their loungers? I'm most interested in the CUB model because we don't need anything larger. I talked with a salesperson at Apollo spas in Kirkland, WA and they have a CUB, but it is not filled and it sounds like she didn't want to fill it up. She said the Klondiker hot tub is full, ready to wet test and is the same layout as the Cub, just a bit larger, and that the lounger on the Klondiker model is about 2 inches less deep than the Cub lounger. I'd really like to wet test the CUB if I'm going to be getting it!

Thanks for any advice! We are new at this and are open to other brands/models in the Seattle area, especially ones that have a lounger that fits our body.

By the way, the Hot Springs guy was very helpful, although they were evidently having a sale this weekend and he was really trying to push me getting one now to get the sale price and not be at the back of the line and have to wait for a hot tub for 2 months. I didn't really buy it, but whatever. The hot springs tubs are nice but if we are going to spend 8K I'd really like something that fits our bodies better.

My wife liked the lounger in the Marquis Epic. It was comfortable and she doesn't float. We also tried the hot springs which she did not like at all.

I am a one year owner of an Arctic Tundra SE Legend and find it to be a very reliable brand. Thus far, I have had NO problems with mine. I know it is a more expensive brand, but I think you get in hot tubs what you pay for them. I could have bought cheaper, but I may have had more problems. Who knows? One thing I do know and recommend, is that you wet test the model you wish to purchase. If the dealer will not fill one, then I would not buy it unless you are certain it's the one for you. Tell your dealer to fill it or lose the order!

You might try the Dimension One Diplomat. It has two loungers, one for a taller person and one for a shorter person. The shorter one was just a bit too short for me (I'm 5'8"). We went with the D1 Californian, which fit both of us better and has just one lounger.

We also looked at Arctic. The D1 just fit our needs better. The Arctic dealer in Vancouver, WA was very nice. They had a Cub and Glacier filled up in their private testing room, and even let us test a Tundra and another (I forget the model name) in their warehouse.

I feel that a wet test is very important if you're considering a lounger. I wouldn't purchase a tub if I couldn't be sure about its fit. If one dealer won't fill up a tub that you are seriously considering, then give another dealer who will, your business.