Another Heating Problem!

acritzer

Looking for some more advice. I recently replaced my heater element because I assumed it was bad. I wasn't getting any heat. So, everything goes fine and I start it up...sure enough it starts working fine. I was thrilled. 30 bucks and an hour of work.

Now it's been about a week and I just checked the tub (hoping to get in tonight)....it's been stuck at 81 for 2 hours. Did my element just go bad again? Is there somekind of reset switch? Is a different part of the tub malfunctioning? What kind of problem would cause this? Help, please!

Sounds like it could be a faulty pressure switch or other problem such as the temp. sensor? I am not a spa tech, maybe someone with more background can chime in as well. Hope you get it straightened out.

I don't think I have a pressure switch, at least not from the descriptions I've read of them.

Where might the temp sensor be? Are they the probes that are in the front and back of the heater housing? Can those be tested/or replaced?

Thanks for whatever you can offer.

Here's a little more info if anyone has ideas. When I switch power back on, there was an audible click in the control box...during this time the heat light was flashing (maybe indicating that it was heating) But then perhaps a minute later it clicked again and the light was on, but not flashing.

Should I take a risk and order a replacement temp. sensor? Much cheaper than calling someone to look at it, but of course that might not be the problem. I'm just confused why the new heating element seemed to work fine initially, but now after a week or two it's busted again.

Can you post a pic of your spa pack with the cover off? Might be just me but the descrips are very vague. Did you try running the spa without the filter in? do you have any codes coming up on the control pad?

Yes more information woud be helpfull, what type of spa (so we know what type of equipment system) how old?

Can you post a pic of your spa pack with the cover off? Might be just me but the descrips are very vague. Did you try running the spa without the filter in? do you have any codes coming up on the control pad?

Yes more information woud be helpfull, what type of spa (so we know what type of equipment system) how old?

Hey guys. Sorry for being vague. I have a balboa M7 pack. If you look at this link. http://spapartssupply.com/pdf/balboa/Balboa60hz_eng_m7.pdf

Mine is the SUV model. After reading a bit of that manual, it sounds like it might be a problem with the sensors. The shimmering on start up seems to indicate a problem in the temp difference between the two sensors. If this sounds right, anyway to tell which of the sensors is bad? I'm confident that it's not a flow problem, because there is plenty of water moving through the jets.

Ideas?

Hey guys. Sorry for being vague. I have a balboa M7 pack. If you look at this link. http://spapartssupply.com/pdf/balboa/Balboa60hz_eng_m7.pdf

Mine is the SUV model. After reading a bit of that manual, it sounds like it might be a problem with the sensors. The shimmering on start up seems to indicate a problem in the temp difference between the two sensors. If this sounds right, anyway to tell which of the sensors is bad? I'm confident that it's not a flow problem, because there is plenty of water moving through the jets.

Ideas?

Anybody? Out of desperation I actually started pricing a new pack. 450ish. I'd love to find an easier solution.

Now just for conversations sake, are you sure your tub isnt in a sleep mode or economy mode. Now this element you bought, it was the exact size of the previous one & put in the correct way. If its the wrong size element and its too close to one of the probes it will definitely cause a temp dif between the two. If thats not the case cal Balboa tech support they can help you diagnose your issue for free and they are pretty good & make sure you have your pack cover open bc they will want serial #'s from the board to properly help you.

Now just for conversations sake, are you sure your tub isnt in a sleep mode or economy mode. Now this element you bought, it was the exact size of the previous one & put in the correct way. If its the wrong size element and its too close to one of the probes it will definitely cause a temp dif between the two. If thats not the case cal Balboa tech support they can help you diagnose your issue for free and they are pretty good & make sure you have your pack cover open bc they will want serial #'s from the board to properly help you.

Yes, I'm sure that the element was the correct one, and that it was installed correctly. I'm positive the tub is not in sleep mode or economy mode. Maybe I'll investigate a tech support number. Thanks.

Yes, I'm sure that the element was the correct one, and that it was installed correctly. I'm positive the tub is not in sleep mode or economy mode. Maybe I'll investigate a tech support number. Thanks.

I would start jumping sensors.

Ummm, what does that mean? Do I need some special equipment?

Ummm, what does that mean? Do I need some special equipment?

What about just picking this up: http://www.aqua-man.com/subdetails.asp?product_num=4978

Seems like if I end up calling a technician I'll end up close to that in labor + replacement parts. Advice?