New Caldera Jet Pump Shuts Down?

rphman

I have a 2 month old Caldera Moorea tub. 3 different times jet pump 2 has shut down after 1-2 hrs of running. When this happens it will not come back on and just hums. I believe it's the thermal cut off as after it cools down after a hour or so it will work ok. It's happened these times when the kids will be in for a little while, then the adults go in (thus the extened run time). The dealer came right out after the second time and ran it full blast for a hour and it was ok. All the diagnostics were ok and he said during his run time jet 1 was actually running hotter than 2. There were no voltage drops, every thing was fine. He told me not to worry if it keeps doing it or if it finally gos it'll be covered. Any body have any ideas?? I did email Caldera but they never replied,maybe they knew the dealer came out? It happened tonight and cut my soak time (finally in the low 30's :'(), kids were in it before me as my daughter had some friends over. Just hate to have it go in the middle of winter.

This occurred on my new Dimension One Nautilus. They ended up replacing both pumps which solved the problem. They said they had a "bad batch" of pumps in these spas. I am not sure if your spa has the same pumps as D-1, but it sound like it could be related.

Did this happen often with yours? Or when it was run for an extended amout of time? It only happens to the one pump which is the hi/lo pump. The dealer is puzzled as he's sold many HS and Caldreras and never had one with a bad pump out of the box. Also did yours work ok after being off for awhile? Mine will start again after a couple of hours. At this point the dealer doesn't seem to want to do anything unless it happens more frequent or dies. But he tells me not to woory they will stand behind it.

My pumps are Hydra-Max pumps. They would come on normally and cut off and on arbitrarily, and it would happen immediately after they were turned on. It sounds like the dealer is willing to help out which is good. FYI-When the pumps were replaced, the problem immediately stopped and the spa operated correctly. I would check to see if you have Hydra-Max pumps and ask the dealer to research and see if there has been a problem. My spa is an 07 D-1 and it sounds like your may have been manufactured at about the same time, so maybe it is related. Good luck.