Help - Brown Stain

cplarsen

Think I did something stupid, which would be about par for the course.

Changed out the water before the snow starts flying. Added Stain & Scale, then a little while later, added muriatic acid to start bringing the alk down, then some chlorine.

What I think happened is the acid either neutralized the Stain & Scale, or I put a little too much acid in and it allowed the iron to precipitate out. In any case, I now have a light brown stain all over the surface of the tub. White tub of course.

Question - How best to remove the stain? Iron Out? Or just add some more Stain & Scale?

Iron Out is taking it right off.

Should have just added it to the water, but why compound one chemical mess with another, eh?

Gonna have the cleanest hot tub in town. Next time I follow the label to the letter. :rolleyes:

I had a brown stain once that I thought would never get out. Next water change with LeisureTime Metal Gon and the stain was gone. I know some use stain and scale to handle both metals and scale but I like using the metal sequestering product for the metals and the stain and scale product for protection of equipment.