Remove Dried Caked Chemicals

Pretender

Hello

I have a spa and have recently drained it getting it ready for summer and because the chmicals started to dry and stick to the spa. What can i do to remove dried / caked chemicals from the inside of the spa. The spa is currently drained of water.

The reason why this has happened i think is someone increased the tempreture by 10 degrees and this knocked my chemiclas out

Regards

Pretender

Well, I'm a little confused by your post. You just drained it to get ready for the summer? Spas should be hot, so I'm not sure how turning up the temp. dried out your chemicals. I wonder if it's indeed your chemicals stuck to the spa or some type of scale. Could you take a picture and post them or describe it a little better? Is it the entire inside of the spa or just at the water line?

heh heh heh.... The original poster lives in Australia, where in fact, summer is approaching........

www = WORLD WIDE web

(awaiting gww ............. galexy wide web)

Oh, did the "dry chemicals sticking" happen when the spa was still filled with water?

Well, I'm a little confused by your post. You just drained it to get ready for the summer? Spas should be hot, so I'm not sure how turning up the temp. dried out your chemicals. I wonder if it's indeed your chemicals stuck to the spa or some type of scale. Could you take a picture and post them or describe it a little better? Is it the entire inside of the spa or just at the water line?

Photo's as you requested it seems to be mostly at te water line but as you can see from one photo is also on the bottom. Any advice on removing what ever it is would be great

http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=more001ju3.jpg

Thanks

Pretender

It looks like a line of scale/mineral deposits built up along the water line. In the future, I'd try to clean the water line more often to prevent it from getting this bad. Have you tried anything yet? They sell spa rubs with a mild abrasive in them to help clean the water line. Someone on this forum mentioned that they used magic erasers with rubbing alcohol on them. Your local spa supply store should sell cleaning products specifically formulated for acrylic. I know that a paste of white vinegar and baking soda can be effective, but I don't know if it would affect acrylic. Once you get it clean, I'd put one of the polishing products on the spa before you refill it to help protect it in the future. Make sure you add a product to help prevent scale from forming when you fill it and on a regular basis. Good Luck.