New Spa Set Up

Taddtx

I think I actually made the deal on the spa over 3 months ago. Seems like ages ago. Had to do the paver stone patio. what a job that was here in Texas in the summer heat. Then was time for the electrician, got 2 estimants, went with the 900, higher of the 2, as he knew what he was talking about. So he came out, and put the 220 out to a service disconnect, put a 60 amp breaker in the service panel. Said he would come out on the day of delivery to hook up the spa. Well that day came and he couldnt make, it promised to be there the next day. no show, didnt call, finally got a hold of him a week later, be there the next day, no show no call, of course stupid me, i already paid him. SO we go on for couple weeks trying to get the electric resolved, (i used the electricaon the sundance dealer recommended). Sundance dealer agress to eat the extra cost, and sends out another electricain to connect from the service disconnet to the spa, Then he discovers that there is no power, the first guy never conntected to the panel, in fact the 220 run was 25 feet to short, and so he finished the job there too and Sundance dealer ate that cost too.

So now I call for them to come out and set it up, get the scheduling girls,, she tells me it will be another 10 days, before they can get out (of course she know none of the history, i have been working with the dealers district manager), so I tell here if its going to be 10 days, they can just come get the damn thing. I get put on hold, then she tell me how about day after tomarrow,, i say fine.

So that day is tomarow, anything i should watch for? I just cant stand for one more thing to go wrong. This has been a total head ache so far.

i didnt even mention that i took the 6 months free financing, the they turned that in soon as i put the depoit town, not when i took delivery, 2 months difference, that still has to be resoved.

my wife and I are starting to call it That Damn Spa.

Oh boy do I feel your pain, if I pesonally paid a premium price for the spa you have and it's hasn't even been able to be used yet I would demand a refund or something. I hope your dealer has better timing if service is ever needed, by the way what was your resolution with the small crack in the handle area???

Demand a refund? For what? It sounds like the dealer has bent over backwards to keep the customer satisfied. It's not the dealer's fault that the patio wasn't built. It wasn't the dealer that hired the electrician. The dealer didn't do the faulty wiring. In fact, the dealer went above and beyond to ensure that the electrical work was fixed, and ready to go. If anything, I would say that it sounds like you found a great dealer.

When they set the tub up, just make sure that everything works, and check for any leaks that may have occured due to shipping. Then get in that tub and enjoy it. It's under warranty, and it sounds like your dealer is the type that will stand behind the product. So I wouldn't worry about things going wrong. The dealer will take care of you if anything goes wrong.

Guys, the dealer has been great. I may have used the recommended electrician, but I contracted him.

The dealer really didnt have to eat the extra $550 that the second electrician charged. And it sure wasnt their fault the that the first guy turned bad, I know that the second electricain was having to take care of 3 of the dealers other cumtomers with the same situation. The dealer really came through. American Backyard in Dallas.

As for the gal in scheduling, tryint to but me off with startup for 10 days, she wasnt aware of the prior problems, once she was she made arrangements.

As for the financing being put in early, well im confident that it will get straightened out. Not like i cant just pay it. No one should be buying a spa that is counting on the financing, figuring they will save the money in 6 months. It just why use my money, for 6 months, when i can use theirs for free. But dont ever miss that payment date at the end, or it just got expensive.

as for the cracks by the handle, turned out they were deep scrathes, but to the naked eye looked like cracks. Under 15x magnification, i could see they were just scratchies with some dirt in them. So not that big a deal. It was on the floor when i bought it. one reason i got a good price.

Its just the Murphy's Law was been in effect. So i hope when then come today to set it up, all goes well.

Guys, the dealer has been great. I may have used the recommended electrician, but I contracted him.

The dealer really didnt have to eat the extra $550 that the second electrician charged. And it sure wasnt their fault the that the first guy turned bad, I know that the second electricain was having to take care of 3 of the dealers other cumtomers with the same situation. The dealer really came through. American Backyard in Dallas.

As for the gal in scheduling, tryint to but me off with startup for 10 days, she wasnt aware of the prior problems, once she was she made arrangements.

As for the financing being put in early, well im confident that it will get straightened out. Not like i cant just pay it. No one should be buying a spa that is counting on the financing, figuring they will save the money in 6 months. It just why use my money, for 6 months, when i can use theirs for free. But dont ever miss that payment date at the end, or it just got expensive.

as for the cracks by the handle, turned out they were deep scrathes, but to the naked eye looked like cracks. Under 15x magnification, i could see they were just scratchies with some dirt in them. So not that big a deal. It was on the floor when i bought it. one reason i got a good price.

Its just the Murphy's Law was been in effect. So i hope when then come today to set it up, all goes well.

'Taddtx', That's the right attitude to take. Getting worked up will only stress you and your love ones out. Just stay positive. :D

'Taddtx', That's the right attitude to take. Getting worked up will only stress you and your love ones out. Just stay positive. :D

I agree. Scheduling..especially contractors..is always frustrating. Seems like your almost there. When you're sitting in your warm water checking out the starlit sky, you won't remember any of this.