Added insulation to my Costco P2

stomper4x4

I had heard about that as well. I wonder how hot is too hot inside the cab.

I don't think I'll have that problem with the insulation I used but I did add a strip of foam window bead all the way around the lip of the tub. Air flow is cut down so much that my blower does not push as much air now. I may pull a few feet out to let the blower breath.

Someone had talked about adding a exhaust fan to vent the heat.

Did the same set up , and the reflective side (no the mat one ) should be one the side you what to keep your heat (aluminum paper principle) to get sufficient air feed for the blower you can consider a closing air intake (kinda like dyrer exhauts and they come in PVC too) rigid piping shoul be used and in a sufficient diametre (but not too big). Also think or water infiltration possibility in choosing the position of your intake. Intake can be found in hardware store in the central heating system departement and/or even central cleaner parts.

Archie

So, as i said, my spa came with the styrofoam as well as the bubble insulation. I do however notice there is a gap between the shell of the spa and the side panels. About enough space to put my fingers in. This gap exists all the way around the tub. I bought a can of expanding foam (6 bucks) and filled that gap all the way around the spa except for the main access panal. Took me about 30 minutes to do and looks like it worked really well. The corners seemed to have the biggest gap.

So..very easy to do, and should keep some hot air in, as well as reduce the air movement from wind that may have occured from the gap.

I am not expecting to notice much of a change in bills, but not sure. Might test the spa in winter again if i can get the meter from work for the weekend.

My husband has used this same method of styrofoam panels as well as reflectix wrap that our infinity came with. Our service guy has indicated that it may not be a good idea to have panels on pump side because of the possibility of overheating as well as condensation build up. We have also placed fiberglass insulation around tub inside of other insulation but not on pump side and not sitting on the floor. I have been told that the fiberglass insulation is probably not a good idea. Again has anyone had a problem with too much insulation?