Does Bromine Void A Masterspa Warranty?

obxspa

This is my second topic with two parts:

1. WHile at the local dealer and debating whether to spend $130 on the new filter for my tub, the dealer proceeded to tell me that I shouldn't be using Bromine and that it would void the warranty on my Down East Master Spa...He said bromine is much more harsh on the plastic parts and that Masterspa has said it voids the warranty...

My tub is 3 years old, and just recently, I had to replace all of the jets in it due to the fact that they have become brittle and the little nozzle inserts where breaking off inside of the jets...

He said this is due to the fact that I have been using bromine and that I should be using chlorine??

Any help on this

2. If you use chlorine, can you use it in a floater type of thing like the bromine tablets

3. Is this true that chlorine is much less harsh and better to use than bromine?

4. He also said that the chemicals that I have been using from Wal Mart and Home Depot- The Spa Essentials are no good and that I should not be buying them...Is this true??

This is my second topic with two parts:

1. WHile at the local dealer and debating whether to spend $130 on the new filter for my tub, the dealer proceeded to tell me that I shouldn't be using Bromine and that it would void the warranty on my Down East Master Spa...He said bromine is much more harsh on the plastic parts and that Masterspa has said it voids the warranty...

My tub is 3 years old, and just recently, I had to replace all of the jets in it due to the fact that they have become brittle and the little nozzle inserts where breaking off inside of the jets...

He said this is due to the fact that I have been using bromine and that I should be using chlorine??

Any help on this

Interesting. We recommend bromine systems for our products!

According to one of our Warranty reps, there was a report from about 10 years ago linking bromine use to plastic degredation, but plastic formulas have been changed many times since then. You might ask your dealer about the date of his information on this and do some further research. For sure, something seems to be ruining your jets.

We have had some similar issues but our research traced it to biguanide use (BaquaSpa, SoftSoak -- these products may be fine for other brands and I am not saying that there is anything wrong with them; they are simply incompatible with the plastics we presently use in our jets and some other parts). We have requested that our dealers stop offering that sanitizer to Arctic customers until further notice while we are looking into other plastic formulations. In the meantime, we have honored our warranty and replaced all damaged jets.

If Bromine use will void your warranty, that should be in the written warranty under "exclusions".

I will leave your other questions to other members.