Sundance Stereo Option. Ipod, Doesn't It Charge In Base?

Johnny D

Just took delivery of the Maxxus. Going in for the first time tonight.

I got the stereo/ipos option with the full remote. I was playing around to get the ipod to work and when I mounted it on the base I expected it to charge. The ipod after sitting in the base overnight gave me the message that it needed to be recharged then went off. Anyone have an ansewer to whether this is supposed to be a charging base? Seems silly for it not to be.

Thanks,

jd

Johnny, the only manufacturer that I found that advertises that their IPOD docking station actually charges the IPOD is Hot Springs -- the system where the IPOD remains in your house and is wirelessly transmitted to the spa. Sundance, Jacuzzi, all the others just say they're compatible with IPOD.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a sundance Optima with ipod and mine charges in the dock in the spa. At least it says it is.

I have an ipod video, i let it discharge most of the day, so that the battery icon in the top right of the ipod screen wasn't all the way green, and when i pluged it in to the spa dock the lightning bolt appeared on the battery icon, indicating that it was charging.

I'll check it in about an hour and see if actually did charge.

I'll let ya know.

Ps, i have a 2007 model spa, got it about a month ago.

Also the dealer did tell me that the dock does not charge the ipod, and that it used to but they changed it so that it didn't because they were having problems with it. Who knows if that's actually true or not, i might just have one of the ipod controllers for the spa that hadn't been changed.

I have a sundance Optima with ipod and mine charges in the dock in the spa. At least it says it is.

I have an ipod video, i let it discharge most of the day, so that the battery icon in the top right of the ipod screen wasn't all the way green, and when i pluged it in to the spa dock the lightning bolt appeared on the battery icon, indicating that it was charging.

I'll check it in about an hour and see if actually did charge.

I'll let ya know.

Ps, i have a 2007 model spa, got it about a month ago.

Also the dealer did tell me that the dock does not charge the ipod, and that it used to but they changed it so that it didn't because they were having problems with it. Who knows if that's actually true or not, i might just have one of the ipod controllers for the spa that hadn't been changed.

I checked with the manufacturer. They confirmed that they had problems so after about 9/20/07 they had the ipod with NO charging. They are looking at coming out with a retrofit kit in the near future that will have the charging feature.

Another thought: How about running a 1/8 stero cable from your computer to the aux jack and you will have all of your music. Of course you can't control it except for the volume. If you like this idea but you don;t want to run a long cable, if you have wireless network in your home, get the Apple Express, put it into a/c then a short run of 1/8 cable to your aux.

They make many transmitter/receiver combos, but it needs to go into an audio in jack, and not a "headphone" jack, Which does the Optima have? I need to decide if the stereo is worth it. While I can listen to my ipod, I would like to be able to watch TV through the window with the sound outside (big plasma right in the window). I do have appletv, and a wireless network, but I just want to watch my tivo.

Also, are you happy with the optima? Any regrets? Does the foot mound get in the way?

The aux jack is an input jack and is located inside the stereo compartment.

I am very happy with the optima, the foot mound may get in the way a little bit when moving from one side of the spa to the other, but the benefit of having the foot jets, for me anyway, far out weight the inconvenience.

As per regrets, just the price, but if you want one of the best, your going to pay for it.

I do wish the diverter valves were a little less noisy, but they aren't bad either.

I do wish you could control the air flow of the blower, but that probably a topic for a different thread.