Spa Wiring - Conduit?

Gordon

I had a 125 amp sub panel installed in a small water heater room (with a door to the out side) when I had my house built a year ago. I am now ready to install the spa. The subpanel was designed for a spa and has a 50 amp GFCI 220 volt breaker ready to go. My question is how do I run the electric to the spa area, about 15'. It will need to run through the wall to the outside and then 10' to the patio where the spa is located. I have purchased 20' of 6/3 wire and a Breakerless shut off that will need to be installed. What type of conduit do I run from the Sub Panel to the spa connection? It will be exposed on the outside of the house.

Gordon, with out seeing your layout it's hard to say but if you have to go underground I would suggest using hard pvc (grey type) from the wall of house to the nearest or easiest way to the patio from there hard pipe it as close to the tub as possible. after that connect to sealtight so it will be flexible inside the tub area. you may need more wire depending on your route selection look at my thread (pictures of my spa) the last picture will show you an example of how I ran my wire from the ground up into tub.